SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > General
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ngs data analysis bassu General 4 10-12-2015 03:28 AM
[NGS - analysis of gene expression data] Machine Learning + RNAseq data Chuckytah Bioinformatics 7 03-05-2012 03:16 AM
Looking for a few NGS-ers willing to share a bad experience about NGS data analysis CHoyt Bioinformatics 8 12-09-2011 11:06 PM
Linux system requirements for NGS analysis programs RBGSYD General 6 10-18-2011 11:26 PM
CLC bio's Roadmap for Desktop and Enterprise Genome Analysis CLC bio Events / Conferences 0 01-12-2011 09:53 AM

Old 05-23-2011, 07:37 AM   #1
Paet

Default Which Redhat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) do you recommend for NGS data analysis?

Hello everyone,

I am in the lucky position that I got a new machine for NGS data analysis that should be attached to a SAN holding the data. The storage vendor supports RHEL.

Does anyone of you have experience with different kinds of RHEL (Desktop, Workstation, Server)? I want to make sure that I can (most certainly) run the various different software for NGS analysis. I do not necessarily need a GUI. Do you know of problems with one or the other kind of these RHELs?

I'm currently favoring the server version as this version probably offers the best support for SANs.

I would appreciate any help or suggestions! Thank you so much!
Patrick
Paet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 05:57 AM   #2
westerman
Rick Westerman

As you said, server would be best for the overall support. Most data analysis programs do not use a GUI. Although they often present graphics these are usually in the form of web pages that can be viewed on a variety of machines.
westerman is offline   Reply With Quote