SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Literature Watch
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ChIP-Seq: A fully Bayesian hidden Ising model for ChIP-seq data analysis. Newsbot! Literature Watch 0 09-15-2011 02:10 AM
ChIP-Seq: The Poisson Margin Test for Normalization-Free Significance Analysis of NGS Newsbot! Literature Watch 0 03-10-2011 02:00 AM
dspchip: a digital signal processing approach to chip-seq analysis dawe Bioinformatics 0 02-16-2011 09:27 AM
PubMed: Hierarchical Hidden Markov Model with Application to Joint Analysis of ChIP-c Newsbot! Literature Watch 0 05-19-2009 05:00 AM
Method paper: Model-based Analysis of ChIP-Seq (MACS) ECO Literature Watch 0 09-27-2008 10:52 AM

Old 05-09-2010, 07:00 PM   #1
Newsbot!
RSS Posting Maniac

Default PubMed: A signal-noise model for significance analysis of ChIP-seq with negative cont

Syndicated from PubMed RSS Feeds

Related Articles A signal-noise model for significance analysis of ChIP-seq with negative control.

Bioinformatics. 2010 May 1;26(9):1199-204

Authors: Xu H, Handoko L, Wei X, Ye C, Sheng J, Wei CL, Lin F, Sung WK

MOTIVATION: ChIP-seq is becoming the main approach to the genome-wide study of protein-DNA interactions and histone modifications. Existing informatics tools perform well to extract strong ChIP-enriched sites. However, two questions remain to be answered: (i) to which extent is a ChIP-seq experiment able to reveal the weak ChIP-enriched sites? (ii) are the weak sites biologically meaningful? To answer these questions, it is necessary to identify the weak ChIP signals from background noise. RESULTS: We propose a linear signal-noise model, in which a noise rate was introduced to represent the fraction of noise in a ChIP library. We developed an iterative algorithm to estimate the noise rate using a control library, and derived a library-swapping strategy for the false discovery rate estimation. These approaches were integrated in a general-purpose framework, named CCAT (Control-based ChIP-seq Analysis Tool), for the significance analysis of ChIP-seq. Applications to H3K4me3 and H3K36me3 datasets showed that CCAT predicted significantly more ChIP-enriched sites that the previous methods did. With the high sensitivity of CCAT prediction, we revealed distinct chromatin features associated to the strong and weak H3K4me3 sites. AVAILABILITY: http://cmb.gis.a-star.edu.sg/ChIPSeq/tools.htm.

PMID: 20371496 [PubMed - in process]

More...
Newsbot! is offline   Reply With Quote