SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Applications Forums > Sample Prep / Library Generation
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Post-doc Imperial College (insect vector population biology/genetics) bobmaccallum Academic/Non-Profit Jobs 1 10-15-2013 07:10 AM
ChIP-Seq: INSECT: In silico search for co-occurring transcription factors. Newsbot! Literature Watch 0 09-07-2013 08:20 AM
Bioanalyzer electropherogram ~200bp lvcosme Illumina/Solexa 2 03-07-2011 09:26 AM
PubMed: Arbovirus Detection in Insect Vectors by Rapid, High-Throughput Pyrosequencin Newsbot! Literature Watch 0 11-19-2010 07:30 AM

Old 10-02-2013, 07:21 AM   #1
A_Harrington

Question Electropherogram of insect (S2) RNA

Hey Everyone,

I'm trying to make libraries from S2 cells and have a question regarding what the bioanalyzer electropherogram should look like. I know the RIN numbers for insect RNA are usually pretty low due to the dissociation of the 28S rRNA, but I can't seem to find any examples of "good" insect RNA for a visual comparison. I'm using the pico chip, RIN numbers are between 6-7.5, samples are not heat denatured prior to loading. Thanks!
A_Harrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 12:59 AM   #2
ZFHans

Hi,

We once made some RNAseq libraries from Tribolium castaneum. A trace is added as attachment. Our Bioanalyzer got confused by the trace and refused to give a RIN value. We continued with library prep and got good libraries.
Hope this helps,

Hans Jansen
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg TriboliumRNA.jpeg (141.1 KB, 39 views)
ZFHans is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bioanalyzer, fly, insect, rin