No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Size variation for multiplexing

Hi friends,

I prepared mulitplexing libraries for ChIP-Seq of a histone marker in different cell types. I used sonication as the chromatin shearing method and used the Truseq adaptors for generating the libraries. However, the size distribution of the libraries I made varied from one to the other with a maximum difference of about 40bp (bioanalyzer image attached). Could anyone here give me some suggestion as whether this would affect the outcome of the experiment? What would be a decent size difference to expect when doing multiplexing? I also found that the input samples tend to have more such variations.

Many thanks.

PingClick image for larger version

Name:	bioanalyzerimage.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	67.4 KB
ID:	307903
    Last edited by Snf5; 09-09-2012, 06:33 AM. Reason: I found that my pdf attachment may be blocked

Variation in the fragment size between different transcription factors or histone markers is normal and I don't think I've ever seen a problem as a result of the magnitude change that you observe.

Your case is a little different, since it's all the same marker. I assume you're testing a set of conditions over which you expect to see some changes (more or less of the marker, or different targets), so it's not surprising to see some change in the size fragments you get. If these were my samples, I'd probably go ahead and sequence them. However, I'd do some extra analysis to see whether parameters in the analysis software correlate with the fragment sizes- eg, does setting a smaller or larger window for enrichment matter? If so, you'll need to think about how to account for that if you're doing overlap statistics between conditions.

Alex

Comment

Hi Alex,

Thank you very much for your advice. Really appreciated it.

Ping

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
        Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
        by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
        03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
      • seqadmin
        Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
        by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
        Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
        03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:37 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post seqadmin  
      Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:07 PM
      0 responses