• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have installed tack-5.9-12.5.1.x86_64.rpm which was required to install
    ncurses-devel-5.9-12.5.1.x86_64.rpm
    However i've not installed libncurses5-dev

Comment

If you have installed ncurses and ncurses-devel (note 2 separate libraries) libraries for openSUSE then you should be set. (This library is called libcurses5-dev in Ubuntu).

You may need to edit the makefile or pass an option to the compiler to use "-lncurses" instead of "-lcurses" that it is using by default. Google for that/search here. I think this has come up before in different contexts. I will see if I can find that thread.

Comment

So we've installed ncurses-devel-5.9-12.5.1.x86_64.rpm
        which is I assume the ncurses-devel lib you refer to.

Which is the ncurses lib? I can't seem to find it, I can like only find :
        ncurses-devel-5.9-12.5.1.x86_64.rpm (which we have installed)
        Therefore we have not yet installed the ncursus lib. It is possible that the problem is resolved with installing this lib but then I still need to find it.

considering the editing of the makefile:
        I will certainly google it, and search here.

Comment

Here is a link I found: http://pkgs.org/download/ncurses Look under opensuse 12.2. It may be called "libncurses". You may need to look for this at your official package source.

Comment

It works, ok it is running :-), thank you very much for your help. Really appreciate it.

Comment

problem solved

Originally posted by GenoMax View Post
              You need to install "libncurses5-dev" library. If this is Ubuntu.
              Just a quick reply to confirm that I had the same error message and that this answer helped resolve it. So thanks!

Comment

Sorry for the elementary question, but I am new to these environments. I am having the same problem and I think I have gotten ncurses installed, but not the library. Are these suggestions/downloads the same in the Linux version that underlies Mac OS X? Thanks in advance....

Comment

Assembly results of 454 data using Trinity

Hi,
                  I have performed Trinity denovo assembly using DDBJ pipeline. and I got the following assembly stats as result :
                  Contig # : 5,009
                  Total contig size : 2,205,041
                  Maximum contig size : 3,288
                  Minimum contig size : 201
                  N50 contig size : 475

My original data set contained 81146 reads and after preprocessing like quality check and trimming I got 72018 reads.. How do I interpret this result? Is this assembly result a reasonable one?

Comment

Originally posted by Rigoseq View Post
                    Sorry for the elementary question, but I am new to these environments. I am having the same problem and I think I have gotten ncurses installed, but not the library. Are these suggestions/downloads the same in the Linux version that underlies Mac OS X? Thanks in advance....
                    Can you post the error message you are getting?

Comment

Originally posted by swe5191 View Post
                      Hi,
                      I have performed Trinity denovo assembly using DDBJ pipeline. and I got the following assembly stats as result :
                      Contig # : 5,009
                      Total contig size : 2,205,041
                      Maximum contig size : 3,288
                      Minimum contig size : 201
                      N50 contig size : 475

My original data set contained 81146 reads and after preprocessing like quality check and trimming I got 72018 reads.. How do I interpret this result? Is this assembly result a reasonable one?
                      Create a new thread for this question since it is unrelated to the parent. People are not likely to respond to questions buried inside threads.

SeqAnswers.com --> Forums (on left) --> Select Appropriate forum to post in --> "New thread" button at top left of the page.

Do you have any information about the genome you are dealing with (from a related one if your's is totally new)? You should be able to take these 5K contigs and do some similarity searches against the closest related genome that is available.

Comment

Im still learning about programing so this might be a simple question. Does the ncurses have to be downloaded into the same file as trinity?

Comment

Originally posted by Jkdubblu View Post
                          Im still learning about programing so this might be a simple question. Does the ncurses have to be downloaded into the same file as trinity?
                          libncurses is a system library. It is installed on the OS side. Talk with your sys admins if you are getting an error with Trinity install.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                            Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
                            by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
                            04-22-2024, 07:01 AM
                          • seqadmin
                            Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                            by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                            04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by seqadmin, Today, 11:49 AM
                          0 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post seqadmin  
                          Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 08:47 AM
                          0 responses