SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Bioinformatics > Bioinformatics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
differential methylation region analysis without replicated zinky Bioinformatics 5 04-01-2013 11:58 PM

Old 09-22-2015, 12:51 PM   #1
colaneri

Default Differential methylation analysis and methylation clustering with RnBeads

Hi, I want to use RnBeads to run a differential methylation analysis to compare cases and controls. Basically I have 12 cases and 11 controls. I have two potential confounding variables that I will like to include in the analysis (Age and Sex). My sample_annotation table looks like this:

Sample_Name
Sentrix_ID
Sentrix_Position
Sample_Plate
Sample_Well
Sample_Group

The data type is infinium methylation data (450)
The goals for this analysis are:
1) Find differentially methylated sites among cases and control
2) Make clustering analysis to see if there are signatures of methylation that separe cases of controls

I noticed that before running:

rnb.run.analysis(dir.reports=report.dir, sample.sheet=sample.annotation, data.dir=idat.dir, data.type="infinium.idat.dir")

You may set up global options with rnb.options()

Will be me options look like this?:

rnb.options(filtering.sex.chromosomes.removal=TRUE, identifiers.column="Sample_ID", differential.comparison.columns = "Sample_Group", covariate.adjustment.columns = c("Age”, “Sex”))

1) But what about clustering?

Does the rnb.run.analysis function first create and RnBSet object and then I have to run clustering with this object? Or the clustering is part of the whole analysis performed by the rnb.run.analysis() function?

2) What about gender prediction?
Does gender prediction run when I use the rnb.run.analysis function with the argument explicated above?

I will appreciate if someone can answer some of this question.
ALe
colaneri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 08:42 PM   #2
daanum

Thumbs up Clustering samples of RRBS data

Hi,

I would like to see if the biological replicates of my two groups fall together. Is there a simple tool to check the clustering of samples. i am working with methylation data using RRBS technique.

Please reply asap if you know the answer.

Thanks in advance

Cheers
daanum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 05:42 AM   #3
dpryan
Devon Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by daanum View Post
Hi,

I would like to see if the biological replicates of my two groups fall together. Is there a simple tool to check the clustering of samples. i am working with methylation data using RRBS technique.

Please reply asap if you know the answer.

Thanks in advance

Cheers
If you make bigWig files out of the methylation tracks then you could use deepTools (either plotCorrelation or plotPCA) to look at sample clustering.
dpryan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rnbeads