Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cufflink/Cuffdiff how to get fpkm for individual sample

I have 3 groups of samples (A, B and C), and n=4 for each group (12 in total)

Question 1.
    Cuffdiff output only gives group-level averaged fpkm. If i want to run some correlation tests for the gene expressions vs. phenotypic traits, how can i get the individual level of fpkm?

Question 2.
    If i run cuffdiff in two ways:
    - 3 groups altogether (GrpA,B,C) and let the program deal with the statistics (either ANOVA or T-test)
    - 3 pair-wise comparisons (GrpA-B, GrpA-C, GrpB-C) one-by-one
    I wonder at the end if i could get the same number of significantly expressed genes for each comparison, for example GrpA-B? Did any one test that before?

Thanks in advance!

Question 1.
    Cuffdiff output only gives group-level averaged fpkm. If i want to run some correlation tests for the gene expressions vs. phenotypic traits, how can i get the individual level of fpkm?
    The *.read_group_tracking files in the cuffdiff output directory contain the individual FPKMs for each replicate, but I admit I haven't looked at them myself to see how they compare to the group-level average.

Question 2.
    If i run cuffdiff in two ways:
    - 3 groups altogether (GrpA,B,C) and let the program deal with the statistics (either ANOVA or T-test)
    - 3 pair-wise comparisons (GrpA-B, GrpA-C, GrpB-C) one-by-one
    I wonder at the end if i could get the same number of significantly expressed genes for each comparison, for example GrpA-B? Did any one test that before?
    That depends on how you run cuffdiff, and the three groups themselves. The cuffdiff default uses a pooled model of dispersion across all replicated conditions, so you'd probably get different results from pair-wise versus all together (3 sets of 2 models averaged in the pair-wise, or 1 set of 3 models averaged in the all together). Using the per-condition model of dispersion might overcome this, but I haven't tried it.

Comment

thank
      You helped a looot!

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
        Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
        by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
        03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
      • seqadmin
        Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
        by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
        Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
        03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post seqadmin  
      Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
      0 responses