X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also slightly more intelligible yet useless spam like this:

Comment

Originally posted by dpryan View Post
      Seems to be only one account (slowly) getting through at the moment. Depending on what permissions they get, you might want to just deputize a few more moderators.
      Happy to...volunteers welcome!

Originally posted by Brian Bushnell View Post
      Another possibility, at present, is to prohibit the use of non-ASCII unicode characters in new posts, if you have that kind of flexibility...
      I am working on installing a totally new spam protection, probably when I upgrade to vBulletin5...

Originally posted by GenoMax View Post
      Looks like the bots are working through the new "300 seconds between two posts" limit.
      Yeah, this is a stopgap until I have a better system...

Thanks guys for bearing with this...I know it's annoying. We are getting hammered lately...

Comment

I guess I'll volunteer, since at least that will spread out the time zone coverage a bit. BTW, the spammer seems to have gotten through somehow.

Comment

I'm also willing to wield moderator powers for banning the occasional spammer.

In the meaning the 300s rule means 5 minutes between posts, which sadly blocks my usual pattern of scanning the forum periodically and answering a batch of questions. I hope this stopgap can be replaced...

Comment

Perhaps introducing "captcha" for first 15-10 posts would eliminate bots?

PS: I'm unsure how easy it is for site admins to introduce any new feature based on time, and financial resources.
            Bioinformaticscally calm

Comment

I highly recommend immediately banning or moderating all posts from new members with Korean (or, less-ideally, non-ASCII) characters in the title. These are all spam, and I think it really detracts from the site's reputation to constantly have the latest posts being spam.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
              • seqadmin
                Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post seqadmin  
              Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
              0 responses