SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Bioinformatics > Bioinformatics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The insert-size in paired-end data louis7781x Illumina/Solexa 15 02-06-2017 08:42 AM
BWA insert size calculation in paired end sequencing dg13 Bioinformatics 3 07-30-2013 09:17 PM
Tophat insert size of paired-end reads ozs2006 Bioinformatics 15 07-30-2013 06:40 PM
Average insert size from paired end data Petrichor Bioinformatics 4 04-29-2013 01:13 AM
Regarding paired -end assembly insert-size calculation on newbler2.3 ganga.jeena Bioinformatics 2 03-01-2011 05:34 AM

Old 02-26-2015, 12:24 AM   #21
rozitaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpryan View Post
Good catch! I share your wonderment that any were concordant. I'm also surprised it didn't throw an error that the files were of different lengths.
I might have caught up the problem when I align it with only single end reads (readI). These are RNA-seq data that I am trying to map against genome reference. with bowtie I cannot get the splice junctions! So for getting the inner distance by this way I should align my RNA-seq reads against a transcriptomic reference (this mentioned before also).
Anyway now I almost have my inner size and I am trying to align them by TopHat. I will update this thread by the result of my TopHat aligning.

Thanks all!
rozitaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 06:00 AM   #22
rozitaa

Thanks everyone! Now it is aligning perfectly fine with TopHat! to sum up, I got the reads inner size from aligning firstly against transcriptomics reference by bowtie and then I aligned against genomics reference by TopHat!
rozitaa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
align unmapped mate, insert size, rna bioanalyzer, rna-seq, rna-seq aligners