No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ampliseq library low yield

Hello everyone,

I'm new in this forum and just joined it today. I noticed that this forum is awesome and full of experts.

I started to prepare ampliseq library recently, my amplicons are about 400bp. I run 30 different samples every time. For some reasons, some samples have high library yield, some have low yield. It is not because of samples DNA since I usually get high yield for some of these low yield samples when I repeat them. At the beginning, I thought I overdried the AMPure beads. Then, I changed to dry my beads 5 mins as the protocol suggests for the first purification after ligation. I dry 2-5 mins for the post library amplification. I still got similar results with some library prep has higher yield, some has very low yield. I wonder if anyone has the sample problem and if anyone knows the reasons.

Thank you all very much for your reply in advance.
    Last edited by Sunny88; 08-14-2021, 06:07 AM. Reason: didn't finish writing

Hello everyone,

I'm new in this forum and just joined it today. I noticed that this forum is awesome and full of experts.

I started to prepare ampliseq library recently, my amplicons are about 400bp. I run 30 different samples every time. For some reasons, some samples have high library yield, some have low yield. It is not because of samples DNA since I usually get high yield for some of these low yield samples when I repeat them. At the beginning, I thought I overdried the AMPure beads. Then, I changed to dry my beads 5 mins as the protocol suggests for the first purification after ligation. I dry 2-5 mins for the post library amplification. I still got similar results with some library prep has higher yield, some has very low yield. I wonder if anyone has the sample problem and if anyone knows the reasons.

Thank you all very much for your reply in advance.

Comment

We have seen the same problem when 24 samples were prepared at the same time. We changed to do 16 samples only, the results are better, almost no failure anymore.

The reason for low yield lib, I guess, some well may not dry enough, any carryover may affect PCR amplification or cause amplicon lose.

Two things to share: 1.The lib concentration as low as 5nm on Q-PCR, may still give you good seq data; 2. Reduce blood/BMR input for DNA extraction if WBC counts super high , so you may get better quality of DNA to start with, then your lib may have good yield.

Comment

Originally posted by GA-JJ View Post
        We have seen the same problem when 24 samples were prepared at the same time. We changed to do 16 samples only, the results are better, almost no failure anymore.

The reason for low yield lib, I guess, some well may not dry enough, any carryover may affect PCR amplification or cause amplicon lose.

Two things to share: 1.The lib concentration as low as 5nm on Q-PCR, may still give you good seq data; 2. Reduce blood/BMR input for DNA extraction if WBC counts super high , so you may get better quality of DNA to start with, then your lib may have good yield.
        Thank you very much GA-JJ for sharing. I dry the beads for 5 min. I had problems when I dried beads longer (when I saw cracks). I still had problems for some samples with low concentrations when I did 18 samples in a batch. Not sure why. Thanks again for your reply.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
          Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
          by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
          03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
        • seqadmin
          Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
          by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
          Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
          03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:37 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post seqadmin  
        Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:07 PM
        0 responses