Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Announcing the MondrianTM SP System from NuGEN Technologies

NuGEN Technologies, Inc. is expanding our range of NGS solutions with the launch of the MondrianTM SP System - an automated genomic sample prep instrument. The benefits of using the Mondrian SP system include:

Significantly reduced sample prep hands-on time: only 15 minutes hands-on time with load-and-go operation.

Multiple NGS applications on a single system: Coming soon: the Ovation® SP Ultralow Library and the Encore® SP Rapid Library methods.

Cost-effective: Small plug-and-play bench-top workstation, multi-sample microfluidics sample prep cartridges (with no moving parts) and support for NGS library indexing.

For more information on the Mondrian SP System please visit http://www.nugeninc.com/nugen/index.cfm/products/msp/.

For Mondrian SP support documentation, please visit www.nugeninc.com/mondriansupport.
    Last edited by NuGEN; 12-09-2011, 07:37 PM.

Has anyone tried this system so far? Experiences?

Comment

Mondrian - NuGen Ovation Ultralow

Hi

I would also be interested in some input about that system.

I tested the machine, the way it works is amazing. It is very rapid to setup and requires very little hands on time. The weak point to me may be robustness since it requires pipeting in/out into the oil filling the cartridge, which seems a bit tricky (the first times at least).

The first result we got are good but not so impressive, the yield is not superior to a manual library preparation. We will send some ChIP-Seq sample to NuGen so that they make more test for our samples. Note that this training strategy is not so good since the machine is available for a short time (2 days for us).

I'll keep you posted.
      Any user's comment is welcome

Comment

Mondrian SP Systems

Bernie,

Thank you for your comments on the Mondrian SP System. I am happy to hear that you recently got a chance to demo the Mondrian SP Workstation, and that you felt positive about:

• how easy it is to install & run the instrument, and
        • the very small amount of hands-on time required for the library prep.

I did want to make a point of clarification about the library yield. The automated library assays on the Mondrian SP Workstation aren’t promoted as generating higher library yield than the comparable manual library system assays. There is no difference in the amount of input required for the Mondrian assay compared to a manual library system assay (although the reaction volumes are actually much smaller). The advantages of the Mondrian SP Workstation are the increased hands-free time, ease of use and increased reproducibility due to automation. I appreciate your comments and will make sure that this information on yield is made clear to other interested customers.

I encourage anyone who is interested in learning more about the Mondrian SP System, or arranging for a demo of the instrument in their lab to contact their local NuGEN account executive (or visit www.nugeninc.com/mondrian for more info).

Thank you,
        Trena Cormier, Ph.D.
        Mondrian SP Systems Marketing Manager
        NuGEN Technologies, Inc.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
          Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
          by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
          03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
        • seqadmin
          Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
          by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
          Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
          03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post seqadmin  
        Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
        0 responses