No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copy number analysis using 454 data

Hi,

I am pretty new to sequence analysis in general, but I was wondering if anyone know how to identify amplifications and deletions from 454 sequencing data? Intuitively, I would feel the coverage or read depth would indicate read depth (not sure about amplifications). But I'm not sure if this is the best way to go about it. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks!

Hello,

There are multiple tools available to detect CNV's.
    Please take a look at these previous threads.
    http://seqanswers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11871
    http://seqanswers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9480

They may refer to detecting CNV in Exome Capture data, but the programs can be used for WGS data too.

Regards,
    --
    pg

Comment

It may be too late for you to make this choice, but the 454 isn't really the best platform to be doing CNV work. Its strength is the length of the read, but to detect CNVs using read depth, the number of reads is the most important. As long as you have enough bases to align the read to the genome then that is enough.
      If you have already got data, then yes, it is possible. There are loads of tools on the wiki that can do the job. Some of them might sulk at the low number of reads you get from 454 data.

Comment

CNVer

Hi,

Thanks for the replies! I found CNVer on the wiki. They claim to work with low-depth targeted sequencing kind of data (454) and use paired end information rather than depth of coverage.

Anyone used this?

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
          Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
          by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
          03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
        • seqadmin
          Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
          by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
          Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
          03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post seqadmin  
        Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
        0 responses