SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Applications Forums > RNA Sequencing

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cufflinks (Cuffdiff) v0.9.3 multiple samples keebs42 Bioinformatics 4 11-06-2013 03:20 AM
cuffdiff output different FPKM if the comparing samples are different rossini Bioinformatics 5 03-25-2013 05:51 AM
Inconsistency between cuffdiff 1.1.0 and cuffdiff 1.0.2 tleonardi Bioinformatics 3 11-16-2011 09:23 AM
Multiplex more than 12 samples? cybeline Illumina/Solexa 4 01-25-2011 06:33 AM
Samples in Trizol Jan SOLiD 0 06-03-2009 12:09 PM

Old 10-17-2011, 01:54 AM   #1
zeam

Default Cuffdiff with more than two samples

Recently,I'm using Cufflinks to process my RNA-seq data,and I have 4 tissues(more than two).In the mannual of cuffdiff,you said,if more than two are provided, Cuffdiff tests for differential expression and regulation between all pairs of samples. But when I used the cuffdiff,it only report one pairs of samples.There was only one gene_exp.diff in the output directory.Command was just as below,
======================================
cuffdiff -o DEG_cuffdiff -p 20 cuffcmp.combined.gtf ./tophat_sd/accepted_hits.bam ./tophat_em/accepted_hits.bam tophat_en1/accepted_hits.bam ./tophat_en2/accepted_hits.bam
======================================
What's my problem in using cuffdiff?
Also I want to compare gene expression of duplicate gene pairs, and is it neccesery to remove the reads that mapped to multiple location in the BAM file generated by Tophat as duplicate gene pairs have high sequence similarity ?
Thanks!
zeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 02:34 PM   #2
taozuo

For Question 1:

Yes, Cuffdiff would only generate one output even though you have more than one comparisons. However, all other comparisons are also included in that file. Check the output file more carefully.
taozuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 05:49 PM   #3
zeam

Default I have checked the outpu directory.

In fact, I have checked the outpu directory, and there are only 11 files as follows:cds.diff , cds_exp.diff,genes.fpkm_tracking, isoforms.fpkm_tracking ,splicing.diff, tss_groups.fpkm_tracking , cds.fpkm_tracking , gene_exp.diff isoform_exp.diff , promoters.diff , tss_group_exp.diff. And I did not find any other comparison files between genes.
I have posted this problem on the other thread ,and his met the similar issue.
http://seqanswers.com/forums/showthr...4104#post54104
Old 10-17-2011, 08:28 PM   #4
taozuo

I am not quite sure right now for your case. But I did this before and I can get all the comparisons. For example, if I open the gene_exp.diff file, I will have the q1 vs q2 first. And when I continue check the result by clicking pagedown, I will find q1 vs q3 and etc.
taozuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 11:36 PM   #5
zeam

Default Thanks for your help

Now I know all of results of the comparisons betweem pairs are saved in one file.
Thanks!

Tags
cufflinks, more than two;rna-seq;