Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BLAST2GO using questions

Hi, I just started to use blast2go. I have some questions.

1> When I start the java program, I suppose I should keep my computer connecting to internet until the analysis finishes. Right?

2>Unfortunately, I have a large data set and it will run for several days, but my school internet is not stable these days. If it disconnects in the middle of analysis, will some sequences fail to mapping or annotations, etc.

3> Can I keep saving blast2go data files, if the internet is not stable Will this help?

4> I am using windows7. My computer has 16GB RAM, but I can only start 1G java program? Does anyone know how to fix it?

Thank you.

Originally posted by SDPA_Pet View Post
    Hi, I just started to use blast2go. I have some questions.

4> I am using windows7. My computer has 16GB RAM, but I can only start 1G java program? Does anyone know how to fix it?

Thank you.
    If you are using the webstart option then the click-able link on this page allows you to set amount of memory to use: http://www.blast2go.com/start-blast2go

If you are using the command line you can probably adjust the amount by changing the highlighted number

Code:
    $ javaws http://blast2go.com/webstart/blast2go[COLOR="Red"]1000[/COLOR].jnlp

Comment

I used the webstart option. The point is the the program didn't launch, even I choose the large RAM (e.g., 10G). The maximum ram I can start the program is 1.2G.

Comment

Do you have 64-bit java installed (in addition to the 32-bit)? If not, you would want to install that first.

Then open a terminal window (PC/Mac/Unix) and then type the command I indicated below. javaws should be in your $PATH. If it is not then you can provide the full path to it.

Try this to allocate ~4GB RAM
        Code:
        $ javaws http://blast2go.com/webstart/blast2go4000.jnlp

Comment

I have 64 bit java. I tried the command line, but it didn't work.

Comment

Were you specifically running javaws in the 64-bit java/bin directory? Just checking because many systems may run the 32-bit version by default if you just used the command line I included before.

Comment

Yes. I ran it in the 64bit folder.

Comment

I just tried 10GB memory and the program started. I don't why. I don't know it is a bug or not? It shouldn't be like this. Randomly starts.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                  Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                  by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                  03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                • seqadmin
                  Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                  by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                  Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                  03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post seqadmin  
                Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
                0 responses