SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Bioinformatics > Bioinformatics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Threshold quality score to determine the quality read of ILLUMINA reads problem edge Illumina/Solexa 35 11-02-2015 10:31 AM
Help getting fastq_filter.py working on command line? hlyates Bioinformatics 1 03-29-2015 09:18 AM
GATK base quality recalibration suppose to keep old and new quality scores? Heisman Bioinformatics 2 10-21-2011 07:40 AM
Threshold quality score to determine the quality read of ILLUMINA reads problem edge General 1 09-13-2010 02:22 PM
Quality trimmming / Mask low quality bases? bbimber Bioinformatics 9 03-25-2010 01:40 PM

Old 04-04-2019, 08:24 AM   #1
sciencepanda

Default Need Help! Vsearch fastq_filter quality value above qmax

Hello all!

I'm new to the community and just started my first bioinformatics project. I'm filtering out merged reads with the expected error of 1-100.

code I'm running:
vsearch -fastq_filter ./MergedFiles/${otp}_merged.fastq -fastq_maxee 1 -fastqout ./MergedFiles/${otp}_mergedfilt.fastq -fastaout ./MergedFiles/${otp}_mergedfilt.fasta

The issue is that when I run it, I get back a fatal error saying-

Reading input file 0%
Fatal error: FASTQ quality value (42) above qmax (41)

I've tried usearch, but my file is too big for the free 32-bit version, and I've tried replacing fastq_maxee 1 with fastq_qmax 42, but that doesn't filter anything out. I'm a bit new to all this and I'm stuck. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

-science panda
sciencepanda is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fastq, fastq quality, fastq quality numbers, vsearch