No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Variant and Genotype calling

Hi!
    1) I have a bam-file (sorted, with duplicates removed using samtools). It is important that the reads do not completely cover the reference genome.
    2) I also have a vcf-file obtained from this bam-file (using bcftools tools) with options (consensus calling)
    3) For the reference genome there is a gtf-file with annotation (from ensembl).
    I would like to find out some obvious things:
    a) What genes have been sequenced in this case (number and name of genes)?
    b) I want to analyze the variants for these genes. (How different are these versions from the reference ones, are there any problems - stop codons, deletions, inversions, etc.).
    Tell me, please examples of specific commands, what tools is better to achieve this (bedtools? bedops?)
    It is worth noting that my data is not on the human genome, so I want to know the solution in general, and not with the help of specific for humans.
    That is, how to connect the variant-calling data for these reads and the gene annotation of the reference genome?

Thanks

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
    Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
    by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
    03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
  • seqadmin
    Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
    by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
    Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
    03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post seqadmin  
Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
0 responses