SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Applications Forums > Sample Prep / Library Generation

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Can a RIN be obtained after running mRNA- instead of total RNA assays on Bioanalyzer? patkrat Sample Prep / Library Generation 2 08-11-2017 03:19 AM
Using Clean NGS from proteigene for RNA clean up of single cell Kaizen Sample Prep / Library Generation 0 07-31-2017 12:00 AM
Tips on using nested for statements in Python to maximize program efficiency gwilymh Bioinformatics 7 02-19-2013 06:29 AM
Tophat help: how to maximize CPU performance lewewoo Bioinformatics 3 10-19-2011 05:09 PM

Old 06-18-2018, 01:44 PM   #1
SuzuBell

Default Maximize RNA obtained from clean environments

I am hoping to collect samples in environments that have very little nutrients (such as a clean room in a hospital). The amount of DNA that is collected from these environments tends to be pretty small (about 1 picogram) and I hope to have enough RNA from it to perform a RNA-sequencing analysis on it related to microbial ecology.

What may be the best approach to the actual sample collection that could maximize the amount of DNA that I obtain? Sample from floor? Sample from air? And many other factors I may not be thinking of. I have tried to find successful examples of this type of sample collection but have not found much information yet (I might be using the wrong search terms).

I do not have much experience collecting DNA for this type of analysis, and would be grateful for any ideas or references on how to approach it! Thank you!
SuzuBell is offline   Reply With Quote