No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lexogen SENSE for de novo assembly?

Hi folks

I wonder if anyone would like to share experience with Lexogen SENSE for de novo assembly? I am considering using the kit as it can deal with much lower RNA input (some of my samples have total RNA ca. 50 ng), but I have never tried the kit before. I am working with tree species with a genome (but not annotation) available. I am thinking about doing genome-guided de novo assembly.

Thanks in advance! Any comments and suggestions are welcome!

Dear Vinn,
    I came across your posting and hope this input helps you and others:

Lexogen's SENSE kit has been used for de novo assembly in at least these three publications:

Rizzo, Paride; Altschmied, Lothar; Stark, Pauline; Rutten, Twan; Gündel, André; Scharfenberg, Sarah et al. (2019): Discovery of key regulators of dark gland development and hypericin biosynthesis in St. John's Wort (Hypericum perforatum). In Plant Biotechnology Journal. DOI: 10.1111/pbi.13141.

Dinh Chieu, Hoang; Suwansa-Ard, Saowaros; Wang, Tianfang; Elizur, Abigail; Cummins, Scott F. (2019): Identification of neuropeptides in sea cucumber Holothuria leucospilota. In General and comparative endocrinology, p.*113229. DOI: 10.1016/j.ygcen.2019.113229.

Gault, Christine M.; Kremling, Karl A.; Buckler, Edward S. (2018): Tripsacum De novo Transcriptome Assemblies Reveal Parallel Gene Evolution with Maize after Ancient Polyploidy. In The Plant Genome 11 (3). DOI: 10.3835/plantgenome2018.02.0012.

Any further questions, comments (and of course, results!) please also direct to [email protected].

Thank you,
    Lukas Paul

Sr. Mgr. Scientific Affairs
    Lexogen GmbH

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
      Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
      by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
      03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
    • seqadmin
      Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
      by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
      Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
      03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post seqadmin  
    Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
    0 responses