SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Applications Forums > Epigenetics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Drosophila melanogaster Genetic Reference Panel adaptivegenome Literature Watch 0 02-10-2012 09:24 AM
RNA-Seq: The developmental transcriptome of Drosophila melanogaster. Newsbot! Literature Watch 0 12-24-2010 02:13 AM
Where to get splicing sites of D.melanogaster? holywoool Bioinformatics 6 12-15-2010 06:48 AM
PubMed: Massively parallel resequencing of the isogenic Drosophila melanogaster strai Newsbot! Literature Watch 0 08-20-2009 05:00 AM
PubMed: MachiBase: a Drosophila melanogaster 5'-end mRNA transcription database. Newsbot! Literature Watch 0 10-10-2008 05:00 AM

Old 07-29-2013, 08:17 AM   #1
julieanadel

Question D. Melanogaster ChIP

I recently tried to do a ChIP-like experiment on chromatin from drosophila S2 cells and found that a large portion of my ChIP reads, but also my input reads, aligned to repetitive elements. I have done this experiment in human cells before and not had this result. I wasn't sure if this was a hallmark of trying to do sequencing in Drosophila, or if it was just a problem with my particular assay.

Has anyone seen a problem like this before?

Is there anything I can change in my alignment (done using MACS), or in my analysis to avoid this?
julieanadel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alignment problem, chip, drosophila, repetitive elements