Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ANNOVAR refGene annotation error

Hello. Thank you in advance, I successfully ran ANNOVAR, but have a question regarding the NOTICE from the output, and wish to understand.

perl table_annovar.pl example/Sample_UYYY-122_flt.avinput humandb/ -buildver hg19 -out MYANNO -remove -protocol refGene,phastConsElements46way,genomicSuperDups,esp6500si_all,1000g2012apr_all,snp135,ljb2_all -operation g,r,r,f,f,f,f -nastring NA -csvout
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    NOTICE: Processing operation=g protocol=refGene
    NOTICE: Reading gene annotation from humandb/hg19_refGene.txt ... Done with 46966 transcripts (including 9362 without coding sequence annotation) for 24933 unique genes
    NOTICE: Reading FASTA sequences from humandb/hg19_refGeneMrna.fa ... Done with 14282 sequences
    WARNING: A total of 301 sequences will be ignored due to lack of correct ORF annotation

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    WARNING: 3 exonic SNPs have WRONG reference alleles specified in your input file!
    WARNING: An example input line is <chr1 206566048 206566048 G het 47 30>
    WARNING: ANNOVAR can still annotate exonic_variant_function for the mutation correctly!
    WARNING: you may have used wrong -buildver, or specified incorrect reference allele, or used outdated mRNA FASTA file!

I just wish to understand where these WARNINGS are coming from and how to fix them.

1) I checked my mRNA.fa file and it is up to date
    2) This must mean there are just code errors in my VCF file?

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
    Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
    by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
    03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
  • seqadmin
    Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
    by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
    Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
    03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post seqadmin  
Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
0 responses