Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CONTRA error messages (need urgent help!)

Hi,

I am using the tool CONTRA, and getting some error messages as below:
    ---------
    Process Process-1:
    Process Process-2:
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/multiprocessing/process.py", line 232, in _bootstrap
    File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/multiprocessing/process.py", line 232, in _bootstrap
    self.run()
    self.run()
    File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/multiprocessing/process.py", line 88, in run
    File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/multiprocessing/process.py", line 88, in run
    self._target(*self._args, **self._kwargs)
    self._target(*self._args, **self._kwargs)
    File "/mnt/gfsusr/files/data/bin/CONTRA.v2.0.6/contra.py", line 371, in convertBam
    File "/mnt/gfsusr/files/data/bin/CONTRA.v2.0.6/contra.py", line 371, in convertBam
    output = subprocess.Popen(args, stdout = iOutFile).wait()
    File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/subprocess.py", line 642, in __init__
    errread, errwrite)
    File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/subprocess.py", line 1234, in _execute_child
    output = subprocess.Popen(args, stdout = iOutFile).wait()
    raise child_exception
    File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/subprocess.py", line 642, in __init__
    OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory
    errread, errwrite)
    File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/subprocess.py", line 1234, in _execute_child
    raise child_exception
    File "/mnt/gfsusr/files/data/bin/CONTRA.v2.0.6/contra.py", line 613, in <module>
    main()
    File "/mnt/gfsusr/files/data/bin/CONTRA.v2.0.6/contra.py", line 583, in main
    t1 = int(file.readlines(open(folder+"temp.txt"))[0].strip("\n"))
    IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/mnt/gfsusr/files/data/test/seqdata/All_Cases/project_TD_QC_test1/test1_20150728/project_TD_QC_test1_TD/calls/contra/buf/testData/temp.txt'

---------------------------------

Does this seem a python process/subprocess issue? I have also downloaded python version 2.7, but I have got the same error messages.

Thanks,

-J

Can anyone help on this?

Comment

Are you using this with a job scheduler/on a cluster? Is this (/mnt/gfsusr/files/data/test/seqdata/All_Cases/project_TD_QC_test1/test1_20150728/project_TD_QC_test1_TD/calls/contra/buf/testData/temp.txt) path available on execution node, if it is the latter.

Comment

Did you reinstall before trying with python2.7?

Comment

Originally posted by GenoMax View Post
          Are you using this with a job scheduler/on a cluster? Is this (/mnt/gfsusr/files/data/test/seqdata/All_Cases/project_TD_QC_test1/test1_20150728/project_TD_QC_test1_TD/calls/contra/buf/testData/temp.txt) path available on execution node, if it is the latter.
          Hi,thanks for the reply.
          I was running this on a cluster (using condor). So, this is the path/file that CONTRA would generate during the run. It seems to me that, because of some issues with either the contra script or with python, that this file was not successfully generated. That's why I got such message, and I am trying to figure out why exactly this file was not generated..

Comment

Originally posted by Zaag View Post
            Did you reinstall before trying with python2.7?
            Hi, thanks for the input.

I am currently using python 2.6.6.
            Someone was suggesting these error messages were due to python version issue, and after they switched to python 2.7, the issues were fixed. However, I have tried python 2.7, and I just got the same error messages.......

Thanks,

Comment

Originally posted by DNAmethylome View Post
              Hi, thanks for the input.

I am currently using python 2.6.6.
              Someone was suggesting these error messages were due to python version issue, and after they switched to python 2.7, the issues were fixed. However, I have tried python 2.7, and I just got the same error messages.......

Thanks,
              Sorry if you already understood but you need to install contra again with python2.7 for it to work.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaag View Post
                Sorry if you already understood but you need to install contra again with python2.7 for it to work.
                Hi Zaag, thanks for the input. As you suggested, I just re-installed python2.7.10, and ran contra with python 2.7.10, and I still got similar error messages.

Command line:
                --------------------------------------
                /home/files/test/bin/Python-2.7.10/python /home/files/test/bin/CONTRA.v2.0.6/contra.py --target /home/files/test/test/scripts/Panels/project/ref_files/panel_target_latest1.bed --test /home/files/test/test/Cases/project_TD_QC_test1/test1_20150817/project_TD_QC_test1_TD/calls/ok.bam --control /home/files/test/test/Cases/project_TD_QC_test1/test1_20150817/project_TD_QC_test1_ND/calls/ok.bam --fasta /usr/local/mrgstorage/refseq/build.hg19.GRCh37.p13/hg19_GRCh37_p13_full.fasta --outFolder /home/files/test/test/Cases/project_TD_QC_test1/test1_20150817/project_TD_QC_test1_ND/calls/contra1
                ----------------------------------------

Log/Error
                target : /home/files/test/test/scripts/Panels/project/ref_files/panel_target_latest1.bed
                test : /home/files/test/test/Cases/project_TD_QC_test1/test1_20150817/project_TD_QC_test1_TD/calls/ok.bam
                control : /home/files/test/test/Cases/project_TD_QC_test1/test1_20150817/project_TD_QC_test1_ND/calls/ok.bam
                fasta : /usr/local/mrgstorage/refseq/build.hg19.GRCh37.p13/hg19_GRCh37_p13_full.fasta
                outfolder : /home/files/test/test/Cases/project_TD_QC_test1/test1_20150817/project_TD_QC_test1_ND/calls/contra1
                numBin : [20]
                minreaddepth : 10
                minNBases : 10
                sam : False
                pval : 0.05
                sampleName : No-SampleName
                nomultimapped : False
                plot : False
                bedInput : False
                minExon : 2000
                largeDeletion : False
                removeDups : False
                Creating Output Folder : Done.
                File "/home/files/test/bin/CONTRA.v2.0.6/contra.py", line 613, in <module>
                main()
                File "/home/files/test/bin/CONTRA.v2.0.6/contra.py", line 558, in main
                get_genome(params.TEST, genomeFile)
                File "/home/files/test/bin/CONTRA.v2.0.6/scripts/get_chr_length.py", line 31, in get_genome
                raw_header = subprocess.Popen(args, stdout = subprocess.PIPE).communicate()[0]
                File "/home/files/test/bin/Python-2.7.10/Lib/subprocess.py", line 710, in __init__
                errread, errwrite)
                File "/home/files/test/bin/Python-2.7.10/Lib/subprocess.py", line 1335, in _execute_child
                raise child_exception

Do you think I was missing something here?...

Thanks!

-J

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                  Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                  by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                  03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                • seqadmin
                  Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                  by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                  Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                  03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post seqadmin  
                Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
                0 responses