This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings to members

Hi, I just joined the University of Exeter and planning to do RNASeq work on rice-blast fungus (Magnaporthe). The technique and analysis are quite new to me; so please excuse my basic questions.
    Cheers.

Comment

hello all

bioinformatics core director here with some questions, looking for advice

we have recently acquired the GS-FLX and the SoLiD. We are constructing a pricing model. Simple question: would you expect the cost of analysis (say, alignment and annotation) to scale linearly within a project; i.e., will a project that requires two chips cost twice as much to perform data analysis for as a project that requires one chip). Assuming one sample per chip.

We have created regulatory compliant cost structures for genomics and proteomics. But only starting with the first project on SoLId, and, of course we are getting request for cost estimates for data analysis for grant proposals and for funded projects.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Comment

Hi everyone, I'm from SBRI in Seattle and I'm doing RNAseq work with malaria.

Comment

Hi everyone!

I'm from Montpellier in South of France.

My work refers to:
          Development in Bioinformatics ;
          Comparative genomics;
          Short reads assembly using solexa reads and next-gen sequencing tech's reads.

Bye !

Comment

Freshmen

Hey users of the next generation

I am Tim, a doctoral student in Marburg. My intention of using 454 sequencing is to investigate gut microbiota with the help of 16S rRNA genes. I am struggling with the data handling because in every publication it is done differently. Hence, I hope to find answers to my open questions in this community.

Comment

Greetings,

I'm Sebastian from Berlin and will (hopefully) do some whole transcriptome analysis in the near future.

Best,
              Seb

Comment

Hi everibody.
                My name is wanglei, I'm a biologist. I'm currently working in the institute of plant biology in fudan university(china).We are using ABI SOLID 3 mainly for resequencing.

Comment

Hi, I am Sarah. I am based in South Africa. I am preparing for my PhD studies that will involve a great deal of genome sequencing and analysis using bioinformatic tools. I am currently assembling Illumina/SOLEXA generated ESTs reads with an aim of identifying SNP's.

I joined this forum to exchange ideas on the bioinformatics analysis and to network as well

Comment

ok.

This is David writing from maryland, us. Just taking a graduate class on hts, ngs, sgs, tgs, or whatever label you want to slap on it. Fascinating stuff. I am a graduate student working in a biochemical engineering lab and am specifically interested in cool experiments using new sequencing technologies as they relate to exploring the various omes in bacteria. There are no hts resources on my campus, but possibly in labs nearby.

Comment

Hi everyone

Hi,

I'm graduate student of Yale. I'm very glad to find this.
                      Thanks

Comment

Hi, my name is Nienke, I am working in Nijmegen (The Netherlands) as a bioinformatician. I am developing inhouse programs to analyse sequencing data. We have 2 sequencers in our department, 1 454 FLX Titanium and 1 Solid machine.

Comment

Hi everyone,

My name is Shilo and I work in the Sequencing Facility at the University of Cambridge. We got our 454 in April 2008 and it sure was a big adjustment after many, many years of Sanger sequencing. We've had a few ups and downs and it would have been great if I'd discovered this site sooner!

Comment

Hey everyone,

I've just started my PhD in London, will be working on re-sequencing projects and RNA-seq using Solexa to investigate variation and its effects in bacteria. Previously I worked in the sequencing unit at the Sanger Institute, Camb. This site has helped me out a few times already!

Comment

Hi

I'm from Taiwan, This is realy a great place to find answers for my questions, although my questions are not asked yet. Thanks you all!

Comment

Hello from Milano

Hello everybody, I am Alessandro from Genomnia, Milano, Italy. I used to work on 454 data analysis and I am now involved with SOLiD. I hope we will have an useful exchange of ideas !

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                                  Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                                  by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                                  03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                                • seqadmin
                                  Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                                  by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                                  Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                                  03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post seqadmin  
                                Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
                                0 responses