SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > General

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Biological replicates for RNA-seq vpp605 RNA Sequencing 15 08-29-2014 05:30 AM
using Cuffdiff with biological replicates Jane M RNA Sequencing 0 09-01-2011 01:42 AM
overdispersion and biological replicates shilez RNA Sequencing 0 08-25-2011 07:10 PM
cuffdiff with biological replicates PFS Bioinformatics 1 06-14-2011 07:51 PM
Inconsistency between biological replicates Nicholas_ Bioinformatics 1 04-06-2011 04:18 AM

Old 08-11-2009, 12:35 PM   #1
LouDore

Default ChIP-Seq Biological Replicates

How are people handling biological replicates in ChIP-Seq experiments?

I recognize the benefit of analyzing replicates independently, but what is the "best" way to then combine this data and end up with a single list of bound regions/peaks? As peak calls tend to vary by a few bases, a simple intersect of the data doesn't seem to be the best idea.

However, combining the data pre-analysis concerns me also, as there is the (unlikely) possibility of a "strong" false peak in one dataset that may make its way through the analysis despite the fact that it doesn't exist in the replicate dataset...

Hope that's clear -- if not, I'm happy to attempt to clarify my situation.

Thanks!

(In case it's not painfully obvious from my post, I am NOT a bioinformatician or programmer in any way...."just" a biologist who's not afraid of the command line. BTW, this site a great resource -- I've read nearly everything on this site and may have even understood some of it.)
LouDore is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
biological replicates, chip-seq