SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Bioinformatics > Bioinformatics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Trimming the primers from paired end reads Razi Bioinformatics 2 12-01-2017 11:52 PM
Quality-, adapter- and RRBS-trimming with Trim Galore! fkrueger Bioinformatics 132 04-18-2017 02:04 AM
Fixed length trimming of paired end reads for MISO sjuzhet Bioinformatics 1 03-06-2016 09:17 PM
Mapping paired-end reads, include also the SE-reads after trimming? JonB Bioinformatics 2 12-10-2015 03:03 AM
Do I need to run trim galore even if my reads are of good quality? genomics_search Bioinformatics 1 03-06-2013 12:30 PM

Old 06-26-2018, 09:38 AM   #1
Hedi86

Default trimming paired end reads using Trim galore

Dear all

im trying to trim paired-end RRBS illumina reads using Trim galore. as far as i understood, paired end reads must be trimmed using --paired option following by file names. i tried : trim_galore --paired r1.fastq.gz r2.fastq.gz. however at the end, im getting only trimmed file for read 1 and nothing for read 2. any idea why?

thank you so much in advance
Hedi86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 01:27 AM   #2
fkrueger

Hi Hedi86,

for RRBS the command would be:

Code:
trim_galore --rrbs --paired r1.fastq.gz r2.fastq.gz
Which version of Trim Galore were you using (the latest one is v0.5.0, https://github.com/FelixKrueger/TrimGalore/releases).

Trim Galore will trim R1 first, R2 second, and then perform a validation step which p0roduces 2 new files that contain _val_ in their file names (for validated). Once this is done, the files called _trimmed_ ... are being deleted. If there are any error messages on the screen they might help identify where the problem lies.
fkrueger is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
illumina, paired end read, rrbs, trim galore