SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Bioinformatics > Bioinformatics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Single end read with paired end reads tahamasoodi Bioinformatics 2 01-16-2016 08:46 AM
MetaSim: why paired end reverse read is much shorter than forward read?? gen_argentino Bioinformatics 0 09-06-2012 07:38 AM
Average Read Coverage for 454 paired end read data lisa1102 Core Facilities 8 10-18-2011 09:40 AM
Difference in paired-end and single-end read ? darshan Bioinformatics 1 10-01-2009 12:44 AM

Old 07-08-2018, 11:28 AM   #121
kokyriakidis

Default RQCFilter Norm and EC

Hi Brian,

I am trying to trim and filter my data with RQCFilter but I cannot find an option for normalisation and error correction. Are there any parameters in this package? Also there is a parameter called -merge. Does it do merging? Should I set it to false and try normalising and error correcting first?
kokyriakidis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 12:37 PM   #122
GenoMax

Can you clarify which program you are referring to? I don't think there is a RQCfilter program in BBMap suite.
GenoMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 01:11 PM   #123
kokyriakidis

Source: https://jgi.doe.gov/data-and-tools/b...preprocessing/

"These steps replicate the QA protocol implemented at JGI for Illumina reads. There is a program “RQCFilter” which implements them as a pipeline, but that is not publically available because it has numerous hard-coded paths to reference datasets of contaminants."

It is in the bbtools files.

Nevermind! 1) Is it a good plan to normalise and error correct first BEFORE merging? 2) Do I need to follow a different approach at trimming and filtering short vs long mate pair reads (Nextera)?

Last edited by kokyriakidis; 07-08-2018 at 01:15 PM.
Old 07-08-2018, 11:19 PM   #124
GenoMax

Since notes on the page you linked say this:
Quote:
There is a program “RQCFilter” which implements them as a pipeline, but that is not publically available because it has numerous hard-coded paths to reference datasets of contaminants.
You should follow the steps that are denoted to replicate that functionality on the linked page.

In general @Brian has recommended merging reads before doing any additional manipulations.
Old 07-08-2018, 11:25 PM   #125
kokyriakidis

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenoMax View Post
Since notes on the page you linked say this:

You should follow the steps that are denoted to replicate that functionality on the linked page.

In general @Brian has recommended merging reads before doing any additional manipulations.
In long pair mate reads I just do the splitNextera extra step? Otherwise the pipeline remains the same?
Old 07-09-2018, 03:26 AM   #126
GenoMax

I would think so. I don't have first hand experience with mate pair reads but I recall that you need to switch one of the reads around.
Old 08-06-2018, 04:16 PM   #127
ilya

BBMerge guide recommends trimming adapters before merging -- but also, in a different place, recommends providing the adapter sequences to BBMerge. Which is best?
ilya is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bbmap, bbmerge, bbtools, flash, pair end