SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Bioinformatics > Bioinformatics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mutation/variant calling with cell-line sequencing data alpha2zee Bioinformatics 0 10-19-2015 10:25 PM
Amplicon based sequencing on the MiSeq nvpatkar Illumina/Solexa 4 10-29-2012 06:41 AM
Amplicon based sequencing for the MiSeq nvpatkar Sample Prep / Library Generation 0 09-27-2012 03:24 PM

Old 09-04-2018, 12:59 PM   #1
iscancilga

Default Amplicon based sequencing Mutation Calling

Hi!

We are investigating the effect of TF-mediated mutations on genome. In the validation part, we narrowed our regions to 1. We sequenced a region and upstream of it and obtained ~100 k coverage with paired end reads. We want to compare mutation frequency between TF-binding and upstream regions. (interested in SNV/small indels).

I have two questions. One is about mapping and the other is about mutation calling.

1) Mapping: I use bowtie2 with default conditions. What if my reads are not mapped due to those mutations, so that those reads are discarded ? Shouldn't I decrease the stringency of mapping in mutation calling cases ?

I used bowtie2 with default settings and obtained %97 mapping.

2) Mutation calling: I used samtools mpileup > bcftools call but did not get any mutations in the ranges of our region of interest. I found UNDR ROVER caller that might work for me but any suggestion would be really appreciated.

TL;DR I am looking for a mutation caller that is focused on targeted region mutations.

Thank you very much
iscancilga is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amplicon variant analyzer, mutation discovery, mutation frequency, snv