SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Bioinformatics > Bioinformatics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DESeq without biological replicates (dataset: Marioni et al.) Andrea Apolloni Bioinformatics 3 01-13-2012 05:58 AM
DESeq: question about with replicates and without any replicates. nb509 RNA Sequencing 2 10-25-2011 07:04 AM
DESeq for a small sets of sequences without replicates starlight Bioinformatics 6 09-05-2011 11:39 AM
DESeq analysis without replicates for 16 tissues johannes.helmuth Bioinformatics 0 05-25-2011 02:53 AM
DESeq: question about baseMean. Also, replicates. Azazel Bioinformatics 5 05-18-2011 11:51 PM

Old 06-22-2012, 04:51 PM   #41
vyellapa

If I am trying to find differentially expressed genes between say tumor and relapse samples and I have 3 samples each for tumor and relapse patients. Can I group 3 tumor patients as replicates and do the same for relapse samples to get the differentially expressed genes between tumor and relapse cases?

Would such grouping cause any weird results to inaccurate variance estimation that would result from 1)biological noise 2) between sample variation
vyellapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 02:39 AM   #42
Simon Anders

Sure, it is correct to group in this manner. Of course, you will not get any results due to the high between-group variance, but I guess you know that there is no chance of finding differences between tumour types with so few samples.
Simon Anders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 03:07 PM   #43
BFM

Hi i am using DEseq with no replicates

> conds <- factor( c( "A-Mock", "A-Infect", "B-Mock", "B-infect" ) )

i need to compare the diff expression between A-mock and A infect similarly B mock B infected. It doesnt seem to work i am using

res <- nbinomTest( cds, "A-mock", "A-infect", )
> res <- nbinomTest( cds, "B-mock", "B-infect", )

but at the end i am getting only one p value. How to solve this problem. Please help
BFM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 07:38 PM   #44
Jeremy

Those are two different tests, but you are overwriting the first reslt object (res) with the second.

res <- nbinomTest( cds, "A-mock", "A-infect", )
res <- nbinomTest( cds, "B-mock", "B-infect", ) # replaces the above result with the new one

Call one resA and the other resB for example. In the end you might want to merge the two for comparison or just write out both as separate tables.

resA <- nbinomTest( cds, "A-mock", "A-infect", )
resB <- nbinomTest( cds, "B-mock", "B-infect", )
Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
deseq