No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,

Anyone tried KAPA HyperPlus Kits?
    They say that this is the direct nextera competitor.

Cheers,

Comment

It could be considered a competitor to NEB dsDNA Fragmentase but not Nextera. Nextera does not require end repair and adapter ligation unlike Hyper.

Comment

Our local facility looked at the Hyper kit and it looked less biased than Nextera in terms of k-mer preference of the ends.

I think it is a competitor to Nextera since it approaches it in terms of workflow speed and amount of hands-on time needed. At least I am evaluating it as a replacement for our Nextera-based libraries.
        Providing nextRAD genotyping and PacBio sequencing services. http://snpsaurus.com

Comment

Larger fragemtns atac

Hi all,

I am having a bit of an issue with this library/sample. I am getting larger fragments peak and then 200 bp peak is gone. This is using 10x ATAC kit.

I usually don;t see such a nhigfh large peak yield, likely because I remove it with dual sided selection. here, I also did dual sided selection but for some reason it's still there...and what's more odd is that I can see the 75 bp dimer too.

Ideas?

Thank you!
          Attached Files

Comment

Regardless of size distribution, library does not seem to have typical periodicity expected in ATAC-seq libraries indicating that there was ambient DNA in nuclei stock or nuclei disintegrated during transposition. Presence of 74bp fragment also raises question about accuracy of size selection.

Comment

Thanks J for your comment.!

If you look carefully the size distribution you refer is there, just not well defined. 10x has indicated this is something they have observed also. This seems to happen when there is additional Mg in the tagmentation reaction.

Size selection could have been an issue but (re 74 bp fragment) but these never failed. Yet, I’ll definitely consider this.

On the other hand, the ambient DNA or nuclei desintegration during transition (not sure how that can happen, though) you mentioned would have generated a large peak at about 200 bp, re naked DNA. This is not the case, it shows basically no 200 bp peak and a large high molecular weight fragments. Nuclei prep is not the issue.

Thanks again for your helpful note!

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
              • seqadmin
                Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post seqadmin  
              Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
              0 responses