No announcement yet.
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logo redesign contest underway, your help needed!

Hi all,

I am holding a logo design content over at 99designs.com, and I would love some feedback from the community. The idea is to coordinate the (necessary) upgrade of vBulletin to 4.X with the deployment of a new logo and color scheme...but I want feedback from you all first!

One can view all the designs submitted here, or vote on my top choices by clicking on the image of the poll below. Please be brutally honest!

This is very cool. What is the timeframe for facelift and new logo? I ask because we are about to submit the SEQanswers paper and if the timeline is soon I would like to wait so reviewers can see the new site.

Comment

The timeline for the upgrade is contingent on me finding a full weekend to replicate this server, test the upgrade and fix any problems, integrate the new logo and color scheme(s), and then upgrade the production server...

...so probably best to not wait.

If anyone reading this has a moderate level of php/mysql/css skills and wants to help with the upgrade, I am certainly open to hiring someone!

Comment

None of the logos you've picked have anything to do with DNA or sequencing --- they're all fairly generic and based on the 'answers' bit, rather than the 'SEQ' bit.

However, on a second look through the other remaining entries, I have noticed a couple (DNA, but not sequencing):

The second of these has a DNA symbol with base-pair / rung distance approaching reality.
        Last edited by gringer; 01-23-2012, 01:53 AM.

Comment

Voted for http://99designs.com/logo-design/con...72/entries/172

This one (http://99designs.com/logo-design/con...72/entries/152) is just too gsk like
          Marco

Comment

Agree, and there is a lack of the "community" component
            Originally posted by gringer View Post
            None of the logos you've picked have anything to do with DNA or sequencing --- they're all fairly generic and based on the 'answers' bit, rather than the 'SEQ' bit.

However, on a second look through the other remaining entries, I have noticed a couple (DNA, but not sequencing):

The second of these has a DNA symbol with base-pair / rung distance approaching reality.
            Marco

Comment

Did you make a decision yet or can we still give some input?

Comment

Originally posted by gringer View Post
                The SEQ part should tell people that this is likely about sequencing and the logo should rather contain the community part as in #48.
                I also like #173 because of the Q, but I would probably rotate it 90 degree and remove the "peak" as people might interpret it as an O (like a speaking bubble) rather than a Q.

I don't have any experience with the logo site, but do you know how many changes can you request from the designers?

Comment

The logos are great. It would be even more great if we could get users to post the logo on their sites to help grow SEQanswers further.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                    Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                    by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                    Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                    03-08-2024, 10:41 AM
                  • seqadmin
                    The Impact of AI in Genomic Medicine
                    by seqadmin

Artificial intelligence (AI) has evolved from a futuristic vision to a mainstream technology, highlighted by the introduction of tools like OpenAI's ChatGPT and Google's Gemini. In recent years, AI has become increasingly integrated into the field of genomics. This integration has enabled new scientific discoveries while simultaneously raising important ethical questions1. Interviews with two researchers at the center of this intersection provide insightful perspectives into...
                    02-26-2024, 02:07 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by seqadmin, 03-14-2024, 06:13 AM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post seqadmin  
                  Started by seqadmin, 03-08-2024, 08:03 AM
                  0 responses