Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, that's not the output from bowtie2 (if someone told you that, they were wrong), it's the output from bsmooth's methylation extractor (or at least it looks like it). The aligner that you tell bsmooth to use has no effect on the formatting of the methylation file.

Comment

ah, ok I understand. So according to the files that I have (I have 3 files like that, 2 treatments and 1 control), what would be better to create the BSseq object? I don´t know who to write the code by only reading the manual

Comment

Honestly, with just 3 samples there's no point in any statistical test, the results would be useless. Don't waste your time with this dataset.

Comment

Maybe, but this is the only thing we have and I have to do it anyway...

should be some like this?:

read.bsmooth("C:\Users\Gema\Desktop", Sample1.bed, seqnames = NULL, returnRAw = FALSE, qualityCutoff = 20, rmZeroCov = TRUE, verbose = TRUE)

Comment

I'll also add that after a bit of checking/memory refreshing, the format you posted isn't from bsmooth but is similar to bedGraph format, just with the strand column removed. Adding a strand (e.g., awk 'BEGIN{OFS="\t"}{print $1,$2,$3,".",$4,$5}' somefile > somefile.bedGraph) should allow you to use bedGraph2BSseq.py from bison. The instructions for loading the resulting files into R are in the README.md file.

Comment

but this command auk is not for R right?

Comment

Correct, awk is run from the command line.

Comment

which would be the equivalent in R?

Comment

Well, you end up just reading the file into a dataframe, adding a column of "." and writing to a new file in a different order:
                    Code:
                    d <- read.table("somefile", header=F)
                    d$strand = "."
                    write.table(d[,c(1,2,5,3,4)], file="somefile.new", row.names=F, colnames=F)
                    Or something like that. Having said that, perhaps you're lucky and the positions covered in each of the three files are the same. Then you just skip all of that with something like:

Code:
                    library(bsseq)
                    files<- c("sample1.file", "sample2.file", "sample3.file")
                    fl <- lapply(files, function(x) read.delim(x, header=F))
                    gr <- GRanges(seqnames=Rle(fl[[1]][,1]), ranges=IRanges(start=fl[[1]][,2], end=fl[[1]][,3]), strand=Rle("*", nrow(fl[[1]])))
                    M <- sapply(fl, function(x) x$[,3])
                    Cov <- sapply(fl, function(x) x$[,4])
                    groups = data.frame(row.names=files, condition=c("WT","Mut","Mut"))
                    BS <- BSseq(M=M, Cov=Cov, gr=gr, pData=groups, samplesNames=samples)
                    or something like that. I've not tested any of that, but it should give you the idea.

Given your apparent newness to R, you might want to take a local course before continuing.

Comment

thank you very much for your help, I´m just starting with R but right now I´m not able to take any course, I will do it during Christmas vacation when I have more time... but I´m pushed to finish this before...

thank you very much again for stealing your time

Comment

I run without errors the code that you wrote me for inserting the column but the output is this:

chr1 564495 1 564496 1
                        chr1 564501 1 564502 1
                        chr1 565013 1 565014 1
                        chr1 565040 1 565041 1
                        chr1 565262 8 565263 0
                        chr1 565397 5 565398 1
                        chr1 565469 2 565470 2

the columns are not tabulated (all the data in the same column), the "." column is not there and the others are not sorted

Comment

The last line should instead be:

Code:
                          write.table(d[,c(1,2,3,6,4,5)], file="somefile.new", row.names=F, colnames=F)
                          Mea culpa

Comment

let´s try

Comment

perfect! big thanks! I´ll try the bsseq object now

Comment

got this:

Code:
                                > M <- sapply(fl, function(x) x$[,4])
                                Error: unexpected '[' in "M <- sapply(fl, function(x) x$["

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                                  Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                                  by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                                  03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                                • seqadmin
                                  Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                                  by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                                  Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                                  03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post seqadmin  
                                Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
                                0 responses