No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coverage calculation needed for target enrichment

Hi all,

I have libraries with and insert size around 200bp that were afterwards target enrichted for 5000snp. Each of the 5,000 SNP included a final flanking sequence length of 60 bp on either side of the SNP so each locus consists of 120 bp. Now I need to calculate the output I need for a 1x coverage and I have a really stupid doubt. Can you please tell me if I need to use the size the locus (120bp) or the insert size of the library in my calculations?

As an example:
    5000snp x 120bp= 600000bp so I will need 0.0006GB to have 1x coverage
    Or
    5000snp*200bp=1000000, so I will need 0.001GB to have 1x coverage

Can you kindly help me to understand what is the right calculation?
    Thank you so much

Hi Mary,

Coverage is based on your library insert size (200 bp) since this is the actual sequencing data you will get.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
      Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
      by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
      03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
    • seqadmin
      Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
      by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
      Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
      03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post seqadmin  
    Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
    0 responses