No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cross posting with biostar ?

Hello !

I had this great and fairly long question about 454 pyrosequencing I was going to post; but have difficulty deciding between seqanswers and biostar. Both communities seem to be quite active, but target almost exactly the same content.

Then the idea of posting on both, or at least posting on one of them and leaving a cross-post notice on the other came to me. My question is, thus, is this common or even accepted ? What is the status quo between seqanswers and biostar ? What would you do in my case ?

Thanks in advance.

Great question, I've been trying to find time to work with Istvan (admin of Biostar), to address it. I definitely see the value of both formats, and would love to figure out a way to integrate the two software packages and communities to bolster both of them.

Suggestions or comments welcome.

Comment

I'm happy to hear you are talking with the admin of biostar. Hope you will work something out. But that's probably hard as it would mean one of the two parties has to concede to the other, I guess. What do you think could happen ?

I don't really have any specific suggestions. I was just wondering what I should do with my question and if it's accepted to post on both and cross-reference.

Personally, if you ask me I have a slight preference for biostar's webapplication. You can find their code on github written in Python under an MIT license. Also the interface and markup language are pretty cool. While vBulletin® is a proprietary and commercial software and doesn't have the voting system...

Comment

Just my 2c but I always saw Biostar as a Stackoverflow for bioinformatics. So more 'specific question->specific answer', and Seqanswers as a place to discuss around issues and get more general advice. I like both and see their individual and combined merits=)

Comment

If that's the case, then my question would maybe be better suited for seqanswers as it is pretty general. But I have written it now with the biostar markup syntax. Oh well, I'll post it there and then depending on the answers I get I could post a second modified version here to get more answers.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
            Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
            by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
            Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
            03-08-2024, 10:41 AM
          • seqadmin
            The Impact of AI in Genomic Medicine
            by seqadmin

Artificial intelligence (AI) has evolved from a futuristic vision to a mainstream technology, highlighted by the introduction of tools like OpenAI's ChatGPT and Google's Gemini. In recent years, AI has become increasingly integrated into the field of genomics. This integration has enabled new scientific discoveries while simultaneously raising important ethical questions1. Interviews with two researchers at the center of this intersection provide insightful perspectives into...
            02-26-2024, 02:07 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by seqadmin, 03-14-2024, 06:13 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post seqadmin  
          Started by seqadmin, 03-08-2024, 08:03 AM
          0 responses