No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eland exit code: 2304

Dear all,

I am currently trying to align some reads using Eland (GAPipeline 1.5 via the ...standalone.pl) and I keep getting the following error code, no matter what reference I use. My suspicion lies on the formatting of the reads, but I can't narrow it down. The reads look like this:

@GRCh37:21:1:48129895:206#NNNNNN/1
    CTGATAATCAGCAAAATATAAAGTAACAAGAATAC
    +GRCh37:21:1:48129895:206#NNNNNN/1
    hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    @GRCh37:21:1:48129895:207#NNNNNN/1
    CTCAAAATGTTTTAGCATCTTTCGGTAAAATTCTT
    +GRCh37:21:1:48129895:207#NNNNNN/1
    @GRCh37:21:1:48129895:208#NNNNNN/1
    AGGAATCCATGCCTATAGGGTAAGATGTGGAAATT
    +GRCh37:21:1:48129895:208#NNNNNN/1
    @GRCh37:21:1:48129895:209#NNNNNN/1
    GCAAATGCATAGTCTATGGCAGTTACCAGTGTAGC
    +GRCh37:21:1:48129895:209#NNNNNN/1

and the output of Eland looks like this:

eland -if ~/Downloads/Ensembl_Homo_Sapiens_GRCh37.61.dna/Hg_elandReads.fastq -it fastq -eg Homo_sapiens.GRCh37.61.dna.chromosome.21.fa
    $VAR1 = {
    'read-length' => [
    ],
    'pair-params' => '--circular',
    'pipeline-dir' => '/home/rboettcher/aligner/GAPipeline-1.5.0/bin/./..',
    'input-file' => [
    '/home/rboettcher/Downloads/Ensembl_Homo_Sapiens_GRCh37.61.dna/Hg_elandReads.fastq'
    ],
    'seed-length' => [
    ],
    'output-prefix' => './reanalysis',
    'base-quality' => 30,
    'eland-genome' => 'Homo_sapiens.GRCh37.61.dna.chromosome.21.fa',
    'input-type' => 'fastq'
    };
    /home/rboettcher/aligner/GAPipeline-1.5.0/bin/./ELAND_standalone.pl: single input-file specified, will do single read analysis
    /home/rboettcher/aligner/GAPipeline-1.5.0/bin/./ELAND_standalone.pl: deduced read length of 35 for data in /home/rboettcher/Downloads/Ensembl_Homo_Sapiens_GRCh37.61.dna/Hg_elandReads.fastq
    /home/rboettcher/aligner/GAPipeline-1.5.0/bin/./ELAND_standalone.pl: Setting seed length for ./reanalysis_eland_extended.txt to 32
    /home/rboettcher/aligner/GAPipeline-1.5.0/bin/./ELAND_standalone.pl: About to run /home/rboettcher/aligner/GAPipeline-1.5.0/bin/./../bin/buildSeq.pl --fasta ./reanalysis_qseq.txt > ./reanalysis_eland_query.txt

Argument "" isn't numeric in sprintf at /home/rboettcher/aligner/GAPipeline-1.5.0/lib/perl/Gerald/Common.pm line 381, <GEN0> line 1.

=======================================================================
    exit code: 2304
    buildSeq using ./reanalysis_qseq.txt did not finish properly!

Exiting...
    =======================================================================

Does anyone know how I could proceed / fix this problem?

Regards

I've also tried some of the headers that are public (e.g. wikipedia), still no improvement, though I was able to narrow down the error:

the sequence identifier

e.g. @HWUSI-EAS100R:6:73:941:1973#0/1 (source: wikipedia)

is split into the following parts:

machineName, runNumber, lane, tile, x, y, readPairMode, indexBases

Since the program states that the runNumber is missing, I guess that the identifier is not complete, so I will try to find out what the program is expecting (though I am irritated that it has problems with the above identifier that is supposed to work fine). I will update the thread on this matter, so if anybody has the same problem or any experiences, feel free to join the fun.

Regards

Comment

Perhaps try another aligner like BWA or novoalign. These programs will accept the FASTQ format in your example.

Comment

Already thought about this, but I somehow managed to find a solution by editing the source code to create a runnumber out of the machinename. So now I just have to add "_somenumber" to the machinename which will then be used as the runnumber, though I have no idea what the number is for in the first place...

As far as I can say the alignment will work fine afterwards (at least for the data that I have used). Still a stupid problem that has cost me a lot of time. If anybody stumbles over the same problem and needs details how to fix it feel free to contact me.

Regards

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
          Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
          by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
          Yesterday, 07:01 AM
        • seqadmin
          Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
          by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
          04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post seqadmin  
        Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
        0 responses