SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Bioinformatics > Bioinformatics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
using bwa to map illumina paired end reads mikeworth Bioinformatics 6 08-13-2013 06:02 PM
SOLiD paired-end read analysis with BFAST 0.7.0a idonaldson Bioinformatics 4 03-20-2012 08:31 PM
BFAST for SOLiD paired end reads epigen Bioinformatics 31 09-03-2011 05:20 AM
SOLiD reads map using BFAST and Samtools jsun529 SOLiD 17 02-24-2011 12:55 PM
BFAST indexing for 50+36 SOLiD paired end? krobison Bioinformatics 6 11-02-2010 05:25 AM

Old 12-28-2010, 09:10 PM   #1
beliefbio

Question How to map SOLiD paired end reads by Bfast

1. I found that bfast localalign can't support -1 and -2 options. So I'm confused how it works in
http://seqanswers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7100
My bfast version is 0.6.4e. Is -1 and -2 work in other versions?

2. Then I tried to merge 2 paired end fastq files into 1 file and run bfast match. But in the bfast postprocess step how to set -r ReadGroup.txt? Could you please show an simple example?

3. The MAPQ of sam files generated by bfast is also Phred scaled, right? If so I can set an cutoff to filter them.
Thanks a lot for you help and time!
beliefbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 12:55 AM   #2
nilshomer
Nils Homer

Quote:
Originally Posted by beliefbio View Post
1. I found that bfast localalign can't support -1 and -2 options. So I'm confused how it works in
http://seqanswers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7100
My bfast version is 0.6.4e. Is -1 and -2 work in other versions?
Check out the bfast+bwa version to get that functionality (I assumed you used the bwa functionality instead of bfast match).

For clarity, if you wish to use BWA's "bwa aln" functionality for paired end reads, then you need to align each end independently, merging them together in "bfast localalign" with the "-1/-2" options. Otherwise, the paired end reads should be merged (automatically in solid2fastq) into one fastq file to be processed by "bfast match".

Quote:
2. Then I tried to merge 2 paired end fastq files into 1 file and run bfast match. But in the bfast postprocess step how to set -r ReadGroup.txt? Could you please show an simple example?
See the SAM spec on how to create an RG line.

Quote:
3. The MAPQ of sam files generated by bfast is also Phred scaled, right? If so I can set an cutoff to filter them.
Thanks a lot for you help and time!
You can set a cutoff to filter them yes. Better (higher) mapq should correlate with higher stringency.
nilshomer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bfast