No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XS tags in hisat2 alignment

Hi,

I had some troubles running Cufflinks with input mapping from HIsat2 (sam/bam).

Cufflinks man page says that input file should be sorted and contain XS tags. To add the tags, I specified --dta-cufflinks as parameter in for the alignment, following Hisat2 man page. With this parameter, supposedly, " [...] HISAT2 produces an optional field, XS:A:[+-], for every spliced alignment.". However, this tag does not appear in every line (read) of the generated bam file.

Is this possible and/or expectable? If you ever encountered this issue before, how could you fix it?

I was thinking to first generate a file like this prior to launch of Cufflinks run:
    Code:
    samtools view hisat2.sorted.bam | egrep 'XS:A:-|XS:A:+' > XS-Tagged.sorted.sam
    What do you think?
    Last edited by dovah; 08-05-2016, 05:23 AM.

IIRC, Cufflinks only requires XS tags for spliced alignments.

Comment

Ha ok, so it should be fine. Have you ever used Cufflinks on bam file generated by Hisat2 by the way? Because it is taking a huge lot of time. I can spot CPU usage (~99%) but no tmp files in the working directory.

Comment

Originally posted by dovah View Post
        Cufflinks ... is taking a huge lot of time.
        Sounds like it's working as expected

Seriously, though, sometimes that can happen if you have super-high coverage over certain reasons... in which case filtering out those regions can help (if you're not interested in them).

Comment

oh thanks Brian. I was so worried :P

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
            Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
            by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
            Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
            03-08-2024, 10:41 AM
          • seqadmin
            The Impact of AI in Genomic Medicine
            by seqadmin

Artificial intelligence (AI) has evolved from a futuristic vision to a mainstream technology, highlighted by the introduction of tools like OpenAI's ChatGPT and Google's Gemini. In recent years, AI has become increasingly integrated into the field of genomics. This integration has enabled new scientific discoveries while simultaneously raising important ethical questions1. Interviews with two researchers at the center of this intersection provide insightful perspectives into...
            02-26-2024, 02:07 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by seqadmin, 03-14-2024, 06:13 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post seqadmin  
          Started by seqadmin, 03-08-2024, 08:03 AM
          0 responses