No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gbrowse problem user account login/registration

Hello,
    I have this problem, I'll appreciate any help.
    This is how my configuration file looks like to enable authentication for users

smtp_gateway = localhost

user_accounts = 1
    user_accounts_registration = 1
    user_accounts_openid = 0

user_account_db = DBI:mysql:gbrowse_login;user=gbrowse;password=gbrowse

I create users using :
    gbrowse_create_account.pl -pass <password> -fullname <fullname> <username>

and then it asks for an e-mail address but it says it's optional so I skip it, and when i go to login in Gbrowse it said: Invalid username or password provided, please try again.
    I looked into the database gbrowse_login and the user exists there....

I tried setting an e-mail address and I got the same problem and even I dont receive any e-mail.

What can I do to create user to login into GBrowse using the database gbrowse_login ???

Thanks in advanced,

ps: Im using GBrowse version 2.33 and mysql as database.
    Last edited by apple23; 05-25-2011, 03:42 AM.

Hi apple23,

I use Gbrowse 2,28 and the login works.
    I see your data in the conf file and I note that in the row
    "user_account_db = DBI:mysql:gbrowse_login;user=gbrowse;password=gbrowse" is not specified the host (for example "host=localhost").

For the mail I noted that the user receive a mail only if he registered using the GUI from Gbrowse.

Bye
    Alessandro

Comment

Hello Alessandro, thank you for answer me. I did what you suggest me and still doesnt work.

My config file looks like this:
      user_account_db = DBI:mysql:gbrowse_login;user=gbrowse;password=gbrowse;host=localhost

I follow this steps:
      -I create an user account with:
      gbrowse_create_account.pl -pass ana -fullname Ana ana

-I check it:

mysql> use gbrowse_login;
      Database changed
      mysql> select * from users;
      +--------+-------+------------------+----------------------------------+----------+-------------+-----------+----------------------------------+---------------------+---------------------+
      | userid | gecos | email | pass | remember | openid_only | confirmed | cnfrm_code | last_login | created |
      +--------+-------+------------------+----------------------------------+----------+-------------+-----------+----------------------------------+---------------------+---------------------+
      | 1 | Ana | [email protected] | P8mjc52f9d9202ca2baaa5cea3d138c3 | 0 | 0 | 1 | Aqx8oyC8SM7N3_DcoqmLVQKXd0zv8J9U | 2011-05-26 12:02:57 | 2011-05-26 12:01:56 |

and when I go to login with ana to the GBrowse I get this:
      Invalid username or password provided, please try again.

I dont know what's wrong :'(

Comment

Hi,

this is very strange....I have the same rows.

+---------------------+----------------------------------------------+--------+----------+---------------------+---------------------------+-------------+-----------+--------------------+----------------------------------+
        | last_login | pass | userid | remember | created | email | openid_only | confirmed | gecos | cnfrm_code |
        +---------------------+----------------------------------------------+--------+----------+---------------------+---------------------------+-------------+-----------+--------------------+----------------------------------+
        | 2011-05-19 16:40:40 | 5bnAca3ee27c04ff5b7a40d39882f3c52375b926e3d6 | 1 | 0 | 2011-05-19 16:39:32 | alex@######### | 0 | 1 | alessandro albiero | a111bd36d1ed2f775fe3e0539302f652 |
        | 2011-05-23 16:52:21 | mKW3ab234b6ff0696234240c8975aa105e472d991c39 | 2 | 0 | 2011-05-23 16:51:39 | claudio.forcato@########## | 0 | 1 | claudio | 78c74286a6cd9bb6db27d541dca9a533 |

but... the database is on the same server where run Gbrowse, is it true ?
        Have you tried to register using the gbrowse page ?

Comment

Hi,
          yes, the database in on the same server where I run GBrowse.

I've tried to register an user using gbrowse page but it's mandatory to put an e-mail address to validate the registration and I got this error:

Error: Cannot connect to mail server, an account has not been created.

and I've kept the default configuration:
          smtp= localhost

I think it's important to mention that I downloaded login.sql (GBrowse 2.33) to create the database gbrowse_login, i was looking for it when I installed GBrowse and I did'nt find it so I created the database running login.sql.
          Last edited by apple23; 05-26-2011, 06:06 AM.

Comment

Hi,

I used this guide

Try to check it and let me know if after if works

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
              Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
              by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
              04-22-2024, 07:01 AM
            • seqadmin
              Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
              by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
              04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by seqadmin, Today, 08:47 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post seqadmin  
            Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
            0 responses