Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solexa Pipeline documentation, or similar?

Hello everyone,

I've been given the privilege to get to crunch trough our lab's first round of Solexa reads of small RNAs. I've worked on some earlier data, and plan on using MAQ for mapping, and perhaps CLCbios Genome Workbench, as soon as we get a license (expensive!!) - now, I need a little more information on the general Solexa Pipeline (quality scores, file formats (fastq vs. raw?), and so on) - are these documents in any way accessible publicly?

Btw, thx for the great information I've found so far on this forum!

Regards,
    JW,
    Uni. of Copenhagen, Denmark

Originally posted by jwaage View Post
    I've been given the privilege to get to crunch trough our lab's first round of Solexa reads of small RNAs. I've worked on some earlier data, and plan on using MAQ for mapping, and perhaps CLCbios Genome Workbench, as soon as we get a license (expensive!!) - now, I need a little more information on the general Solexa Pipeline (quality scores, file formats (fastq vs. raw?), and so on) - are these documents in any way accessible publicly?
    As far as I know the pipeline documentation isn't made available unless you own an instrument. They have been fairly good about giving people who don't have an instrument access to the software, I believe you need to register through iCom: http://icom.illumina.com/.

I have a few little reports which might be of use, this one on how parts of the pipeline work:

and this one on next-gen stuff in general:

People here are very helpful so I'd ask away.

Comment

Those genographia links are dead now

Comment

They are now online here:

Comment

Cool

I'm a puzzled about your PHRED/Solexa mapping table though. Isn't -5 taken as the lowest Solexa FASTQ score, thus while the log mapping does mean PHRED 1 would map to Solexa -5.87 (2dp), in practice it should be mapped to -5.0 (thus ASCII 59 ";" not ASCII 58 ":").

Thanks

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
            Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
            by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
            04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
          • seqadmin
            Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
            by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
            03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post seqadmin  
          Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
          0 responses