Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BWA mem trouble: paired reads have different names

Hi all... recently I've received my raw data for Exome Sequencing .. .how ever when I try to use BWA mem appear this error:

[mem_sam_pe] paired reads have different names: "MG00HS15:414:C59DDACXX:1:1109:1869:1993", "MG00HS15:414:C59DDACXX:1:1109:2293:1994"

If anyone had this issue in the past and know how to solve ... please let me know.

Thanks.
    Camilo

Additional I'am running this samples in Illumina ... using the sure select capture kit.
    I've use this method before but now ... crash

Comment

It would help if you posted your command line and explained your pipeline. Generally, problems like this are caused by using upstream processing tools incorrectly such that pairing information is corrupted. The solution is to redo the upstream processing, starting with the raw reads, with pair-aware tools.

Comment

Hi thanks for your reply. I'm performing the first step aligning the fastq files to the hg19... My code is the next

/.bwa men -M -p hg19.fasta file1.fastq file2.fastq > file.sam

Comment

Where did you get the fastq files? It's likely that they're out of sync.

Comment

Macrogen ....

Comment

And you didn't do anything to the files after downloading them? Then they likely f'd them up. You can follow instructions here or here to resync the files. This is assuming that they're paired-end and that they didn't just upload the dataset in multiple files, of course.

Comment

Brian has a simple way to fix this problem in BBTools: http://seqanswers.com/forums/showpos...0&postcount=45

Comment

Hi ... thanks again for your reply ... I didnt do nothing only download the data and un-gunzip it... I will read the posts that you recommend ...thanks again!

Comment

Originally posted by GenoMax View Post
                    Brian has a simple way to fix this problem in BBTools: http://seqanswers.com/forums/showpos...0&postcount=45
                    That's certainly more convenient than some obscenely long awk command!

Comment

seems easy a lot!

Comment

ajajaj well I have small issue runing bbmap ...

this is my input:
                        ./repair.sh -Xmx8g in1=/Users/monicagiraldo/NGS/RawData/ISBA/H-ISBA_1.fastq in2=/Users/monicagiraldo/NGS/RawData/ISBA/H-ISBA_2.fastq out1=/Users/monicagiraldo/NGS/RawData/ISBA/Fixed/ISBA1fixed.fastq out2=/Users/monicagiraldo/NGS/RawData/ISBA/Fixed/ISBA2fixed.fastq outsingle=ISBAfixedsingle.fastq

but appear that this folder is missing or can't be charged:
                        Software.bbmap.current

thanks again .. sorry for botther

Comment

Solved!!!!

Comment

looking in the bwa documentation seems to be a problem when I use the -p option ... after run bbtools for paired data and remove the -p bwa runs properly

Comment

Oh, I see the problem. Yes, the -p, I guess, made it try to use the first input file as if it was interleaved, which it wasn't. Looks like -p has different meaning for indexing and mapping, which is a little confusing.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                                Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                                by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                                04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
                              • seqadmin
                                Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                                by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                                03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post seqadmin  
                              Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
                              0 responses