Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also, If you are looking for analyzing MeDIP-seq data that has replicates then you should probably try MeDUSA. A pipeline that uses MEDIPS, USeq and DESeq for finding and annotating DMRs.

Comment

Hi asurarocks,
      thank you for your nice help, but when I run LoadRatsGFFApplication, it always throw errors, I think it seems due to missed to load database of expriment data. But I sequenced the samlple by MeDIP-Seq.I don't have such format data to load into table of medip_expt. Would you mind send me the command of LoadRatsGFF?

Originally posted by asurarocks View Post
      Also, If you are looking for analyzing MeDIP-seq data that has replicates then you should probably try MeDUSA. A pipeline that uses MEDIPS, USeq and DESeq for finding and annotating DMRs.

Comment

Hi fczqx,

for LoadRatsGFF I used the following syntax

java batman.LoadRatsGFFApplication -expt EXPT -dbURL jdbc:mysql://domain.edu/dbname -dbUser username -dbPass password FILE-chr2.pad.gff

I hope it helps.

Comment

Hi asurarocks,
          Thank you for your help, it works now. But I still hava an question is about the pad.gff file, it shows the format as follows:
          MT ReadsToPAD probe 151 151 9.0 . 0 probe "CHRMT_0000000151" ;ROI "CHRMT"
          The value of column 4th and 5th are always same. Does the first 151 means the start position and the second 151 means end position? If yes, I think my test data may take something wrong. By the way, would you mind send your email address to me? You can email me as: [email protected]. Thank you again for your help.

Comment

Hi fczqx, I think the format is correct. I no longer use batman since I switched to MeDIPS (and then to MeDUSA) for my analysis.

Comment

Hi asurarocks,
              If the format is correct, I think I should check previous steps, because when I Calibrate the genome, it report error with" Baseline=NAN Response=NAN", I try read the source code of Calibrate, It seems say that the coupling profile overflow the boundary. Have you met this situation ever before or what may caused by that? If you have, can you help me again to sovle it? I think the final result is almost there. I'll really appreciate it!
              My type the Calibrate as following:
              java -server batman.CalibrateApplication -dbURL jdbc:mysql://domain.edu/dbname -dbUser username -dbPass password -couplingProfile ms -expt medipseq -chrMT -writeDB.

Comment

Hi asurarocks,
                I figured out the error of Calibrate, but there has an new error which is "rejecting due to boundary". It seems that the query position is less than 1 or more than the chromosome's length....Do you know way?

Comment

Hi asurarocks,
                  do you know how to set the parameter of "precision" with SampleMethStatesApplication? It seems should be estimated by ourselves and will be changed with different samples? Thank you!

Comment

And if we set, which threshould value may be the best?

Comment

Hi fczqz, Sorry, I am not sure about those things. Batman takes unusually long time writing/reading database, it became unfeasible for us to use it for any of our analysis. So I don't have much experience with it other than the steps I pasted before. Maybe you can write to Thomas directly about your questions (he is quick in replying emails).

Comment

Hey asurarocks,
                        I switch to use MEDIPS instead of batman... Cause batman is too slow to calcuate in my computer...and MEDIPS seems run much fast than batman. Thank for your advise but now I have another question is when I compair with two MEDIP samples, the MEDIPS program seems need us to input a INPUT.SET file as ground file to calcuate p-value? Does this INPUT file is really required? And what does this file maining stand for? Thank you advance.

Comment

Input file is non-enriched seq experiment, serves as a background to measure relative increase or decrease in methylation. It is totally optional. You can just go ahead with your control and treatment, without worrying about the input.set

Comment

MEDIPS is a friendly package for analysis the MeDIP data, maybe you can try it.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                              Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                              by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                              03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                            • seqadmin
                              Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                              by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                              Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                              03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:37 PM
                            0 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post seqadmin  
                            Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:07 PM
                            0 responses