SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Sequencing Technologies/Companies > SOLiD

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SureSelect target enrichment. Optimal hybridization time Staph Sample Prep / Library Generation 8 02-15-2012 04:07 AM
Agilent SureSelect for SOLiD - insert size and qPCR for enrichment QC OCD Overload Sample Prep / Library Generation 0 03-20-2011 05:37 PM
SureSelect Target Enrichment Now Available for Roche 454 Sequencing! SureSelectGuru Vendor Forum 1 12-15-2010 02:07 PM
Agilent SureSelect enrichment javier Sample Prep / Library Generation 1 03-30-2010 11:39 AM
Enrichment with AGILENT's Sureselect target enrichment system dottomarco 454 Pyrosequencing 1 11-18-2009 01:14 AM

Old 07-16-2010, 06:42 AM   #1
Asereth

Default Agilent SureSelect: problems with target enrichment

Hi all,

we are using Agilent SureSelect Target Enrichment System (protocol v1.5) and plan to work with ABI SOLiD.

We have problems as early in the protocol as target enrichment up to pre-hybridization amplification. After this amplification we analyzed our PCR product but there was no DNA amount detectable with NanoDrop. The starting DNA amounts were 9µg (whole genome amplification (WgA) done before target enrichment; preferred) or 6µg (without WgA; just in comparison to WgA sample).

Has anyone similar problems or suggestions what the problem could be?
Is there a possibility to check a successful amplification beside the PCR product itself? Something like a positive control?
Has anybody done an additional amplification step to increase the PCR product amount?

Hoping for help, thanks in advance,
Theresa
Asereth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 06:56 AM   #2
NextGenSeq

The protocol worked first time in our hands with 2 different DNA samples. Real time PCR is more sensitive than NanoDrop. If you have access to an Realtime PCR instrument you could quantify by it. They recommend limiting PCR cycles to reduce amplification biases but you could try increasing the cycle number.
NextGenSeq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 07:50 AM   #3
selupe

I had no issues the first time running protocol 1.5.1 a few months ago. I've done 2 more samples recently, but this time following the addendum to the SureSelect protocol (which was provided by my SOLiD FAS). This addendum adds a column purification step before the nick translation reaction. The annealing step at 54oC should be for 45 sec, not 15 sec as in the original protocol or the addendum. By doing that, I got 3X more amplification than before.
selupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 01:28 AM   #4
Asereth

Hi,

thanks for your replies.

I will try to quantify my samples by Realtime PCR. That’s a good idea. Did you use SYBRGreen and primers annealing to the adaptor sequences?

I already did the additional purification step last time but there was no change in my results. Perhaps there is a difference but I couldn’t detect it so far because of using NanoDrop instead of Realtime PCR.
During next performance I´ll probably change some amplification parameters.

Has anybody mentioned other problems or changed something in the protocol?
Is anybody working with the latest SureSelect protocol (v1.7) from Agilent?

Thank you
Asereth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 06:06 AM   #5
NextGenSeq

Note most people are switching to Roche's kit since it gives more even and higher coverage.

See

http://www.abrf.org/ResearchGroups/D...2March2010.pdf
NextGenSeq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 06:15 PM   #6
atgc

Theresa,
We are just starting to work with Agilents Sure Select for sequencing with Illumina. Id like to know if your issue was resolved using RT PCR.
atgc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 10:37 PM   #7
hbn

I have a related question: I would like to do target enrichment using the SureSelect system for a non-model species.
My question is; what software to use for this? Agilent advises me to use eArrayXD (local software) but I can not find this software anywhere...
Does someone have experience with this? I would appreciate any advice...
hbn is offline   Reply With Quote