No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blast-2.2.26+, problem with tbastn command

Hi,

i would like to run a tblastn command, but every time i do it, i get an empty result (i get the file i ask, but with nothing inside). what can be the problem?

forgot to add that

when i press the enter afterwards, the command processor is stuck. i can not write anything or do anything with it until i go out of it and in again.

Comment

What file format did you ask for? Some of the modes (e.g. tabular with no comments) would give an empty file for no results (no hits), whereas others should not (e.g. XML output).

Comment

thanks, but the query is txt. i used this file with blastp already and got results. the output that i ask is also txt, which i got already with blastp.
        what about the fact that the command processor stuck? do you have an idea?

Comment

sorry, i had a mixup. the query i ask for is in fasta format, not txt.

Comment

Using blastp or tblastn, your query FASTA file should be protein(s).

I was asking what output you requested. The simplest way forward would be to copy and paste the actual command you used.

Also which OS are you using - try running Task Manger (Windows) or top (Linux) to see if your computer is running out of RAM or something simple like that.

Comment

ok thanks, the problem was not enough patience.... it took the computer much longer time to run this command comparing to other commands, so everything is cool now thanks for your help anyway!!

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
                by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist on Modified Bases...
                Yesterday, 07:01 AM
              • seqadmin
                Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post seqadmin  
              Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
              0 responses