X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good results on qubit , but none in the bioanalzyer

Dears:
    i am using the KAPA Stranded RNA-Seq
    Library Preparation Kit to prepare my Libraries from RNA starting material. i had a very good success rate using this kit , but yesterday after the PCR amplification step and clean up step with the beads the qubit concentration of my libraries was in the range of 1-19 ng/ul. but in the bioanalyzer i had no peaks for my libraries . any suggestions? and this is the first time it happened with me ???
    Attached Files

The first sample has a very high adaptor dimer peak. Qubit only measures total DNA.

Comment

Yes, the primer dimer peak is double-stranded DNA. So Qubit will give you its concentration. That peak is very, very high -- notice that it is 1500 fluorescence units in the chromatogram.

--
      Phillip

Comment

Many thanks for both of you, so any idea what got wrong ?

Comment

Too little starting material so you ended up with mostly primer dimer. Was your input sample any different this time around?

Comment

Yeah, forgetting to add the input DNA would be the simplest explanation. But anything that could go wrong but still allow adapter dimers to form, could be the culprit.

Your only strong clue is that the failure is catastrophic. That is, you didn't just come in at 50% of where you have in the past. Instead you are at least 100X low -- probably more.

So you are looking for something major going wrong.

--
            Phillip

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
              Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
              by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
              03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
            • seqadmin
              Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
              by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
              Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
              03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post seqadmin  
            Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
            0 responses