No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MeDIP-Seq (Illumina/Solexa)

Dear All,

Does anyone of you have experience with MeDIP-seq? We are currently trying to do this sequencing using Illumina/ Solexa technology, but we couldn´t get enough reads.
    Normally we get around 15 million reads, but for our sample the maximum that we could get is 700 000.

Do we need some special parameters during the cluster generations for the MeDIP sample? for example adding betain or increasing the T° of the denaturation before the first sequencing cycle?

I will be very grateful if someone share his experience with us.

Thanks in advance
    Regards

HEllo,
    I am also interested in doing MeDIP-seq. Do you have a working protocol where I can try out.

Comment

We've done quite a bit of MeDIP and related types of study. The MeDIP libraries get treated much like any other ChIP library. Their composition is slightly biased but not to a level where it causes problems with library generation or sequencing.

The main issue we've seen has been duplicated libraries resulting from over-amplification of the ChIPped material. In many cases this was because we were looking at libraries for samples with virtually no methylation, so very little material came out of the ChIP. Once the libraries have been prepared and quantitated we've had very good yields out of them though. If you're having a problem and other types of library are working OK then I'd suspect the ChIP protocols first.

You can see the protocols used on our site in one of our recent publications (the supplementary info will contain much more useful information). If you have specific questions I can ask the people who actually do the sample prep.

Comment

The main difference between MeDIP and ChIP is that after the IP, MeDIP DNA is single-stranded, whereas ChIP DNA is double-stranded.

You have a few options (off the top of my head):
        a) add the Illumina adaptors before you do the MeDIP
        b) regenerate the second strand of the MeDIP product before putting on the Illumina adaptors
        c) some other tricky stuff

So to avoid all these problems we decided to use MethylMiner from Invitrogen, which keeps the DNA double-stranded.

Comment

Has anyone tried using MethylMiner to enrich DNA that has been tagged and fragmented by Nextera? I would like to try this protocol, but it would be nice to hear others input before potentially wasting the time and money.

For example: Nextera tagmentation --> MethylMiner --> TruSeq/Nextera probe hybridization enrichment --> Sequencing of native DNA and methylated DNA fractions.

Comment

Nextera MeDip !!! hell yeah

this sounds like the best option for me??? Did you try it out I would like to try it as well (I'm a big Nextera fan)!!! I read somewhere else that Illumina primers can be methylated sometimes, but what about the transposon insert from the Nextera? If the nextera transposon adapters have a methylated site that would certainly would be a problem.
            Last edited by aleferna; 07-06-2015, 01:39 AM.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
              Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
              by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
              03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
            • seqadmin
              Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
              by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
              Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
              03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post seqadmin  
            Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
            0 responses