No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• transformatin from bed to gtf

Hi.

I'm trying to transform the bed file from Scripture to gtf file, then I can input this gtf file into Cuffcompare. Does anyone know how to transform?

Wish your help! Thanks so much!

Try this........

java -Xmx1000m -jar <path_to_scripture>/scripture_alpha2.jar -task toGFF -cufflinks -in your_file.bed -source SCRIPTURE -out your_file.gtf

Comment

hi,
      can you please explain in detail, the option you provided here to convert bed to gtf?
      especially what do you mean by "path_to_scripture", do we need to download any scripts?
      Thanks in advance
      java -Xmx1000m -jar <path_to_scripture>/scripture_alpha2.jar -task toGFF -cufflinks -in your_file.bed -source SCRIPTURE -out your_file.gtf

Comment

Originally posted by aquleaf View Post
        Hi.

I'm trying to transform the bed file from Scripture to gtf file, then I can input this gtf file into Cuffcompare. Does anyone know how to transform?

Hi, have you tried scripture to transfer bed file to gtf file?

Comment

I believe upendra_35 was referring to http://www.broadinstitute.org/software/scripture/.

Here is another option to try: https://github.com/CGATOxford/cgat/b...pts/bed2gff.py

Comment

Originally posted by aquleaf View Post
            Hi.

Hi

Do you know how to transfer bed file form scripture to gtf file. If you know how to do it now, would you please tell me?

Comment

Originally posted by bekkari View Post
              hi,
              can you please explain in detail, the option you provided here to convert bed to gtf?
              especially what do you mean by "path_to_scripture", do we need to download any scripts?
              Thanks in advance
              Hi

Do you know where can I download the scripture alpha version?

Comment

Originally posted by GenoMax View Post
                I believe upendra_35 was referring to http://www.broadinstitute.org/software/scripture/.

Here is another option to try: https://github.com/CGATOxford/cgat/b...pts/bed2gff.py
                I try to download the alpha version of scripture, but can't get it from http://www.broadinstitute.org/software/scripture

Comment

Originally posted by upendra_35 View Post
                  Try this........

I tried bed2gff.py. But there is an error shows that import CGAT.Experiment as E
                  ImportError: No module named CGAT.Experiment. Would you please help me with that

Comment

Originally posted by 11xinqi View Post
                    I try to download the alpha version of scripture, but can't get it from http://www.broadinstitute.org/software/scripture
                    Perhaps your local firewall/security rules are blocking the download. I am able to download the jar file from this link.

Comment

Perhaps your local firewall/security rules are blocking the download. I am able to download the jar file from this link.
                      Yes, I can download it. But there are only two Beta version- Beta version and Beta version2. Based on the command above-
                      java -Xmx1000m -jar <path_to_scripture>/scripture_alpha2.jar -task toGFF -cufflinks -in your_file.bed -source SCRIPTURE -out your_file.gtf, I should get scripture alpha version. Do you know where can I get alpha version?

Comment

Use what you can download now.

Software development proceeds in steps and the names tell you where a particular release of software is in the development cycle (alpha --> beta -> Release Candidate--> final release). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Softwar...ase_life_cycle

Comment

Use what you can download now.

Software development proceeds in steps and the names tell you where a particular release of software is in the development cycle (alpha --> beta -> Release Candidate--> final release). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Softwar...ase_life_cycle
                          Thank you very much. Yes, I know that. But there is no toGFF function for Beta version. Do you know any other software can tansfer BED to GFF?

I tried galaxy to do that, but that does not work also. there is a pic that show the result from galaxy. there are two exons for this transcript, but there are only one exon aftrer transformation and the coordinate is also uncorrect.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Did you give this a try? https://github.com/CGATOxford/cgat/b...pts/bed2gff.py

Comment

I tried this. But there was an error -Traceback (most recent call last):
                              File "bed2gff.py", line 49, in ?
                              import CGAT.Experiment as E
                              ImportError: No module named CGAT.Experiment.

Do you know what is the problem?

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                                Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
                                by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
                                04-22-2024, 07:01 AM
                              • seqadmin
                                Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                                by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                                04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by seqadmin, Today, 08:06 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post seqadmin  
                              Started by seqadmin, 04-30-2024, 12:17 PM
                              0 responses