Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • aquleaf
    Member
    • Mar 2010
    • 38

    #1

    transformatin from bed to gtf

    Hi.

    I'm trying to transform the bed file from Scripture to gtf file, then I can input this gtf file into Cuffcompare. Does anyone know how to transform?

    Wish your help! Thanks so much!
  • upendra_35
    Senior Member
    • Apr 2010
    • 102

    #2
    Try this........

    java -Xmx1000m -jar <path_to_scripture>/scripture_alpha2.jar -task toGFF -cufflinks -in your_file.bed -source SCRIPTURE -out your_file.gtf

    Comment

    • bekkari
      Member
      • Oct 2009
      • 10

      #3
      hi,
      can you please explain in detail, the option you provided here to convert bed to gtf?
      especially what do you mean by "path_to_scripture", do we need to download any scripts?
      Thanks in advance
      java -Xmx1000m -jar <path_to_scripture>/scripture_alpha2.jar -task toGFF -cufflinks -in your_file.bed -source SCRIPTURE -out your_file.gtf

      Comment

      • 11xinqi
        Member
        • Mar 2011
        • 31

        #4
        Originally posted by aquleaf View Post
        Hi.

        I'm trying to transform the bed file from Scripture to gtf file, then I can input this gtf file into Cuffcompare. Does anyone know how to transform?

        Wish your help! Thanks so much!
        Hi, have you tried scripture to transfer bed file to gtf file?

        Comment

        • GenoMax
          Senior Member
          • Feb 2008
          • 7142

          #5
          I believe upendra_35 was referring to http://www.broadinstitute.org/software/scripture/.

          Here is another option to try: https://github.com/CGATOxford/cgat/b...pts/bed2gff.py

          Comment

          • 11xinqi
            Member
            • Mar 2011
            • 31

            #6
            Originally posted by aquleaf View Post
            Hi.

            I'm trying to transform the bed file from Scripture to gtf file, then I can input this gtf file into Cuffcompare. Does anyone know how to transform?

            Wish your help! Thanks so much!
            Hi

            Do you know how to transfer bed file form scripture to gtf file. If you know how to do it now, would you please tell me?

            Comment

            • 11xinqi
              Member
              • Mar 2011
              • 31

              #7
              Originally posted by bekkari View Post
              hi,
              can you please explain in detail, the option you provided here to convert bed to gtf?
              especially what do you mean by "path_to_scripture", do we need to download any scripts?
              Thanks in advance
              java -Xmx1000m -jar <path_to_scripture>/scripture_alpha2.jar -task toGFF -cufflinks -in your_file.bed -source SCRIPTURE -out your_file.gtf
              Hi

              Do you know where can I download the scripture alpha version?

              Comment

              • 11xinqi
                Member
                • Mar 2011
                • 31

                #8
                Originally posted by GenoMax View Post
                I believe upendra_35 was referring to http://www.broadinstitute.org/software/scripture/.

                Here is another option to try: https://github.com/CGATOxford/cgat/b...pts/bed2gff.py
                I try to download the alpha version of scripture, but can't get it from http://www.broadinstitute.org/software/scripture

                Comment

                • 11xinqi
                  Member
                  • Mar 2011
                  • 31

                  #9
                  Originally posted by upendra_35 View Post
                  Try this........

                  java -Xmx1000m -jar <path_to_scripture>/scripture_alpha2.jar -task toGFF -cufflinks -in your_file.bed -source SCRIPTURE -out your_file.gtf
                  I tried bed2gff.py. But there is an error shows that import CGAT.Experiment as E
                  ImportError: No module named CGAT.Experiment. Would you please help me with that

                  Comment

                  • GenoMax
                    Senior Member
                    • Feb 2008
                    • 7142

                    #10
                    Originally posted by 11xinqi View Post
                    I try to download the alpha version of scripture, but can't get it from http://www.broadinstitute.org/software/scripture
                    Perhaps your local firewall/security rules are blocking the download. I am able to download the jar file from this link.

                    Comment

                    • 11xinqi
                      Member
                      • Mar 2011
                      • 31

                      #11
                      Originally posted by GenoMax View Post
                      Perhaps your local firewall/security rules are blocking the download. I am able to download the jar file from this link.
                      Yes, I can download it. But there are only two Beta version- Beta version and Beta version2. Based on the command above-
                      java -Xmx1000m -jar <path_to_scripture>/scripture_alpha2.jar -task toGFF -cufflinks -in your_file.bed -source SCRIPTURE -out your_file.gtf, I should get scripture alpha version. Do you know where can I get alpha version?

                      Comment

                      • GenoMax
                        Senior Member
                        • Feb 2008
                        • 7142

                        #12
                        Use what you can download now.

                        Software development proceeds in steps and the names tell you where a particular release of software is in the development cycle (alpha --> beta -> Release Candidate--> final release). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Softwar...ase_life_cycle

                        Comment

                        • 11xinqi
                          Member
                          • Mar 2011
                          • 31

                          #13
                          Originally posted by GenoMax View Post
                          Use what you can download now.

                          Software development proceeds in steps and the names tell you where a particular release of software is in the development cycle (alpha --> beta -> Release Candidate--> final release). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Softwar...ase_life_cycle
                          Thank you very much. Yes, I know that. But there is no toGFF function for Beta version. Do you know any other software can tansfer BED to GFF?

                          I tried galaxy to do that, but that does not work also. there is a pic that show the result from galaxy. there are two exons for this transcript, but there are only one exon aftrer transformation and the coordinate is also uncorrect.
                          Attached Files

                          Comment

                          • GenoMax
                            Senior Member
                            • Feb 2008
                            • 7142

                            #14
                            Did you give this a try? https://github.com/CGATOxford/cgat/b...pts/bed2gff.py

                            Comment

                            • 11xinqi
                              Member
                              • Mar 2011
                              • 31

                              #15
                              Originally posted by GenoMax View Post
                              I tried this. But there was an error -Traceback (most recent call last):
                              File "bed2gff.py", line 49, in ?
                              import CGAT.Experiment as E
                              ImportError: No module named CGAT.Experiment.

                              Do you know what is the problem?

                              Comment

                              Latest Articles

                              Collapse

                              • SEQadmin2
                                New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
                                by SEQadmin2


                                Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

                                We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
                                ...
                                09-28-2026, 10:25 AM
                              • SEQadmin2
                                How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
                                by SEQadmin2




                                The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

                                This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
                                09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

                              ad_right_rmr

                              Collapse

                              News

                              Collapse

                              Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by SEQadmin2, Yesterday, 09:51 AM
                              0 responses
                              12 views
                              0 reactions
                              Last Post SEQadmin2  
                              Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
                              0 responses
                              34 views
                              0 reactions
                              Last Post SEQadmin2  
                              Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
                              0 responses
                              28 views
                              0 reactions
                              Last Post SEQadmin2  
                              Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
                              1 response
                              48 views
                              0 reactions
                              Last Post pekgio
                              by pekgio
                               
                              Working...