I have got some illumina data in a a merged BAM file for a particular sample and I would like to convert it back to per lane data files (BAM or fastq) so it would be compatible with the analysis pipeline. Any ideas on the best way to do this?
Unconfigured Ad
Collapse
X
-
When I did this a few days ago (with only knowledge of command-line stuff and samtools), here's a rough guide to what I did:- Extract header from BAM file Code:
samtools view -H infile.bam > header.sam
- filter out lanes from BAM file, add header Code:
(cat header.sam; samtools view infile.bam | grep '^DATA...._<lane>_.') > out_lane<lane>.sam
- convert SAM to BAM Code:
samtools view -S out_lane<lane>.sam -b > out_lane<lane>.bam
There's probably some better way, but it would have taken longer for me to find than for me to just do it and deal with the additional overhead of storing temporary SAM files per lane.
- Extract header from BAM file
-
If the lane info is stored in RG tags you can use this: http://genome.sph.umich.edu/wiki/SplitBam
Comment
-
SplitBam looks ideal, but I can't find a download link for it. Any ideas?
And thanks for the other suggestion too, that makes a lot of sense.
--EDIT--
Actually it looks like there are no @RG in the headers ... Oh Dear.Last edited by danielsbrewer; 09-29-2011, 01:03 AM.
Comment
-
Originally posted by danielsbrewer View PostSplitBam looks ideal, but I can't find a download link for it. Any ideas?
And thanks for the other suggestion too, that makes a lot of sense.
--EDIT--
Actually it looks like there are no @RG in the headers ... Oh Dear.Go here and either follow the instructions for retrieving the current development release from the source repository or download the tarball for the latest stable realese (0.1.4). Note that either way you are downloading the entire libStatGen toolkit, which you must then compile. SplitBam is merely one of the programs in the toolkit.Originally posted by jtladner View PostI am trying to do the exact same thing and I do have @RG tags, but I can not find a download link for SplitBam. Does anyone know how to download this program?
Jason
Comment
-
Originally posted by jtladner View PostI am trying to do the exact same thing and I do have @RG tags, but I can not find a download link for SplitBam. Does anyone know how to download this program?
Jason
splitBam is part of the bamUtil package, which i found it here https://github.com/Homebrew/homebrew-science and it was very easy to download it.
Comment
Latest Articles
Collapse
-
by SEQadmin2
Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.
We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing...-
Channel: Articles
-
ad_right_rmr
Collapse
News
Collapse
| Topics | Statistics | Last Post | ||
|---|---|---|---|---|
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-29-2026, 09:51 AM
|
0 responses
33 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
09-29-2026, 09:51 AM
|
||
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
|
0 responses
44 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
|
||
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
|
0 responses
33 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
|
||
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
|
1 response
51 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by pekgio
09-21-2026, 02:04 AM
|
Comment