SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Sequencing Technologies/Companies > SOLiD

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Reduced Representation Library construction for SNP discovery fastidiousme Sample Prep / Library Generation 3 03-07-2013 02:13 AM
Reduced representation library for snp discovery fastidiousme Bioinformatics 0 03-05-2012 12:17 PM
Reduced Representation library protocol [email protected] Illumina/Solexa 4 03-05-2012 12:06 PM
bisulphite converted barcoded fragment library for SOLID ageliki Sample Prep / Library Generation 2 12-23-2011 12:33 PM

Old 06-27-2012, 05:30 PM   #1
HelenM

Default Reduced representation bisulphite sequenceing with Solid

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with using the Solid platform for sequencing of RRBS libraries. I can't find any literature on this, everyone seems to use Illumina.

I suspect it may be problematic, but we have a Solid sequencer our lab so it would be great to find a protocol for using it with RRBS.

Cheers!
HelenM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 06:09 PM   #2
PeteH

I'm not sure if this is much help, but this paper used SOLiD to do whole-genome BS-seq http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21706001. One of the difficulties you'll face will be in aligning BS-converted SOLiD data since most BS-aligners focus on base-space reads (e.g. Illumina). Ben Langmead (one of the authors of the linked paper) has a program to align SOLiD BS-data (albeit whole-genome), but my understanding is that the program is still in beta.
Pete
PeteH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 10:50 PM   #3
HelenM

Thanks very much Pete. We have just decided to go for Illumina instead for our RRBS work, so thankfully I no longer have to worry about this.
HelenM is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rrbs, solid