Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• transcript strand of cufflink and cuffmerge result

I used Tophat and cufflink to assemble my RNA-seq data. Then use cuffmerge to merge assembly of three samples. However, I found that a lot of transcripts overlap with each. For example the gene showed as attach file. The red means reference annotation. The blue means the result of cuffmerge.

There are not many genes overlaping with other ones in this genome. But there are lots of genes overlaping other genes in the other strand. I don't know the reason.

Can cufflink or cuffmerge solve this problem? Or what parameter should I use?

The parameter I used are showed below.

#Tophat
    tophat -p 10 -r 20 --mate-std-dev 30 -i 20 -I 3000 --phred64-quals --read-mismatches 5 --read-gap-length 5 --read-edit-dist 5 genome fastq1.fq fastq2.fq

#cufflinks
    cufflinks -p 10 --min-intron-length 20 --max-intron-length 3000 --label predictGene -o cufflink sample1.accepted_hits.bam

#cuffmerge
    cuffmerge -p 10 -g ../ref.transcripts.gtf -s ../genome.fa assembly.txt

Thank you very much.
    Best regards.
    Attached Files
    github:
    https://github.com/Bioinformatics-and-Genomics

My question is similar with http://seqanswers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12192
    But the question in my result is not only strand error but also transcript overlap.
    github:
    https://github.com/Bioinformatics-and-Genomics

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
      Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
      by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
      04-22-2024, 07:01 AM
    • seqadmin
      Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
      by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
      04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 12:17 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post seqadmin  
    Started by seqadmin, 04-29-2024, 10:49 AM
    0 responses