|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Bioo Scientific kits||Turnerac0987||Sample Prep / Library Generation||22||11-15-2012 02:08 AM|
|Bioo Scientific Launches DNA Methyl-Seq Kit for NGS Methylome Analysis||Bioo Scientific||Vendor Forum||0||03-30-2012 01:04 PM|
|Barcode ChIP-seq library using Bioo Scientific Kit||inankai||Sample Prep / Library Generation||5||11-17-2011 09:11 PM|
|Bioo Scientific is Launching NEXTflex-96™ DNA Barcodes to Significantly Increase NGS||Bioo Scientific||Vendor Forum||0||09-29-2011 01:11 PM|
|Bioo Scientific Chooses Eureka Genomics as its Next-Generation Sequencing Provider||Bioo Scientific||Vendor Forum||0||08-17-2010 07:48 AM|
|03-21-2013, 01:39 PM||#1|
Location: Austin, Tx
Join Date: Oct 2009
Staff Scientist – Bioo Scientific
As a Staff Scientist at Bioo Scientific you will work in a dynamic team environment to help create Next-Gen Sequencing (NGS) library preparation kits. You will plan, design and execute scientific research and development related to high throughput sequencing. The candidate should have strong interpersonal skills, the ability to problem solve and effectively discuss data at meetings, assist team members with data analysis and interpretation, successfully troubleshoot complex experiments, proactively identify and resolve experimental challenges with limited input. Data organization and presentation are important components of this position.
Job duties include but are not limited to:
• Design, implement, analyze and present experiments related to NGS library and sample preparation.
• Explore new technology and creative scientific solutions
• Investigate feasibility of scientific principles and concepts
• Individual as well as team contributions
• Writing clear and concisely and communicate research results effectively with supervisor
• Developing, updating and revising standard operating procedures
• Up to 20% travel
• Experience with PCR, qPCR, gel electrophoresis, cloning, DNA or RNA sample prep. Prior experience with NGS library prep is a plus
• Training and experience with protein expression and purification
• Strong math and statistics background
• Self-starter, able to work independently
• Strong interpersonal skills, the ability to problem solve and effectively discuss data at meetings
• Ability to overcome technical challenges in a fast paced commercial environment
• Ability to read and search scientific literature
Education / Experience:
• PhD in Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, or related discipline.
• 2-5 years of industry or practical laboratory training
• Previous scientific writing experience is desirable
Bioo Scientific is a rapidly growing biotech company that develops cutting edge products for the life science and food and feed industries. Bioo Scientific offers a comprehensive medical and dental insurance package, 401K plan and stock option plan to complement its competitive salaries.
To apply send a resume and cover letter to [email protected]