Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • komalsrathi
    Member
    • Aug 2013
    • 14

    #1

    Get random alignments from SAM file

    Hi all,

    I have a .sam file and I want to extract random alignments from it.

    I googled a bit and there are quite a few tools that have commands to "downsample a sam file" like Picard and GATK. I couldn't really find if these tools would allow me to extract a certain percentage or certain number of alignments from the SAM file.

    I also got an alternative which would allow me to do that from http://www.biostars.org/p/44527/

    But I would like to do the same thing using Picard or GATK. Any suggestions?
    Komal Rathi
    Bioinformatics Application Developer
    University of Pennsylvania
  • lh3
    Senior Member
    • Feb 2008
    • 686

    #2
    That biostar thread seems quite clear to me. It provides solutions with either samtools or picard.

    Comment

    • komalsrathi
      Member
      • Aug 2013
      • 14

      #3
      I know, I just can't find a delete option for this post!
      Komal Rathi
      Bioinformatics Application Developer
      University of Pennsylvania

      Comment

      Latest Articles

      Collapse

      • SEQadmin2
        New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
        by SEQadmin2


        Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

        We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
        ...
        Yesterday, 10:25 AM
      • SEQadmin2
        How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
        by SEQadmin2




        The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

        This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
        09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

      ad_right_rmr

      Collapse

      News

      Collapse

      Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by SEQadmin2, Today, 09:51 AM
      0 responses
      7 views
      0 reactions
      Last Post SEQadmin2  
      Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
      0 responses
      31 views
      0 reactions
      Last Post SEQadmin2  
      Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
      0 responses
      26 views
      0 reactions
      Last Post SEQadmin2  
      Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
      1 response
      46 views
      0 reactions
      Last Post pekgio
      by pekgio
       
      Working...