SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Bioinformatics > Bioinformatics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Which bioinformatic workflow management system to use? moritz1 Bioinformatics 4 02-26-2016 05:40 AM
Web based genome browser bio_informatics Bioinformatics 11 02-03-2014 02:02 AM
Web-based projects in RNA-Seq rahul_mohan RNA Sequencing 0 08-03-2013 07:19 PM
PubMed: SNiPlay: a web-based tool for detection, management and analysis of SNPs. App Newsbot! Literature Watch 0 05-08-2011 03:42 AM
Galaxy workflow management system customization - avoiding duplication of files tooony13 Bioinformatics 2 11-16-2010 10:57 AM

Old 01-31-2014, 02:45 PM   #1
Portah

Post Wardrobe Web-based Experiment Management System

Hi,
Almost a year ago I have started to develop a system to simplify a growing routine work with NGS data. The lab (to which I belong) works on epigenetics and all connected experiments RNA-Seq (single/pair, spikeins, dUTP) DNA-Seq (single/pair, ChIP, Transcription binding sites). There are a lot of biological parameters like histone modifications (H3K4Me3,H3K4me1,H3K27ac, H2AZ, etc.), fragmentation (Sonication, MNase, etc.), etc., as well as technical for an each experiment.

At some point I have realized, that I did not make new analysis. I only did the same work over and over again (even with prepared pipelines). Thats why I designed a web interface, which does not scare professors or technicians, because adding a record is simple as in Excel. Then for combinations of parameters I programmed a corresponded pipeline which runs automatically in the background. All output is represented as charts and tables in the interface. I don't need to send it by email or bring a flash or something like that anymore. Preliminary analysis is fully automated mapping (bowtie/tophat), QC, quantification (enriched islands, RPKMs), island distribution, all data is deposited as a track to a local UCSC genome browser for the best visualization and annotation. And it is worked, they indirectly did whole routine work.

In addition to that I have added a project designer and now biologists with no extensive experience in informatics can run DESeq, MANorm, AVTD and so on.

I think, that the System is somehow different from existed Galaxy, Illumina basespace, Genespring server.

Last edited by Portah; 08-17-2015 at 11:02 AM.
Portah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 11:04 AM   #2
Portah

Default BioWardrobe

Finally, version 1.0 is released and we have been published
http://www.genomebiology.com/2015/16/1/158
Portah is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
epigenetics, ngs